1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunque Cosi: Hate, and the hating haters who hate bush

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Andy, was Trader_Ignored implying that I did something with a political deck of cards? Did he even read the thread? Obviously not.

MadMax and I had a nice conversation about French leftist wackos with too much time on their hands, as I recall. And I mentioned that it would be nice to be in France instead of Austin... it was raining here that day. However, I do enjoy the occasional game of poker and spades.

It's refreshing to be able to call a spade a spade in that context.

B-Bob... not much. ;)

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

my wife and I would kick your wife and you's ass in spades!

We are the spades masters!

:D

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Wow, I got called out. All I did was mention that the French guy who came up with that deck didn't even have an original idea because News Max has been selling a deck of cards made up entirely of Hilary Clinton long before the French and even before the Hilary deck there was the Axis of Weasels cards made up of famous people who were against the war. If anything, I was comparing 2 wackos of opposite sides of the spectrum and showing how similar they are.

4. Oski2005

I just wanted to add that I am a Bush hater. Obviously, I disagree with his policies, but I dislike him as a person too. Why? Basically because he was a f*ck up. He went AWOL from the military, was a C student(that's not really a bad thing, but how does that get you to Yale and Harvard?), possibly a cocaine user, the businesses he ran seemed to have all folded, and he was an alcoholic for most of his adult life. Now, an average Joe's life would be ruined with stuff like this. AWOL, that's prison time, drugs, that's also prison time. Bad businessman, how could you ever get hired by anybody or even get a loan to start a new business? Because he was born into privelage, he gets a free pass through all of these things.

What really pisses me off is that there are military people here and all over who don't even care about the AWOL thing. People who talk about the respect for the military and sucking it up and doing your duty don't care that he ran away from his. I would just once like to here that aknowledged as something that bothers these guys. I mean, if I was in the military, something like that would instantly make me hate the guy a lot more than I "dislike" him right now.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm just amazed how quickly the term HATER has made it to the mainstream.

Rocket River

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess I'm "old school", RR, but I find it doesn't make sense either. If I say, "I disagree because of blah blah blah... " and someone says, "Oh, you're just a (fill in the blank) hater!" or "you're another member of the leftist fringe", it's intellectual dishonesty on their part.

The truth is that they're too lazy to actually say why they disagree with the "blah blah blah". It's far easier to throw out the quick and trivial reply. You see it here and you see it in the GARM.

7. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Why are you hating on GARM?!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:D

9. Oski2005

I'm not surprised at "hater" making it into the the mainstream. Now if "hata" and "hatin' on" were the title of an article of a major publication, that would be surprising.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kicked off the night w/ Ben Webster and Oscar Peterson, segued into Zoot and Sweets, then Charles Lloyd's "the water is wide." put booboo to bed w/ the theme from "Alfie" which she really digs...

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Music trancends political leanings... and much else.
    Few things have influenced me more.