1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunleavy waiting to see how Yao talks pan out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BobFinn*, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just an FYI - Axe didn't see this thread and started a new one, so I merged it with the original. This keeps happening as the Dunleavy story apparently continues to be posted in new topics with different conclusions from it each time, so I'm going to keep merging :)

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

My bad Clutch...i also startted a simlilar thread with an article from Insider...i rarely post on the weekends so I didn't see it...

that being said...wake me on June 27th

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ah, I see. Loud, Proud and ORIGINAL!!!:cool:

Sorry Axe, I apologize.

4. aLfaBoLoUs1

aLfaBoLoUs1 Member

Dunleavy or Butler if Yao deal doesnt go through, dont think the rockets would select either at #1 tho, they'll end up trading down for someone decent and use the lower pick to select a SF

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Can someon explain, as many seem to believe, how can Dunlevy and Jay Williams be number one and two in the draft, be on a team surrounded by McDonald's All Americans and not win the NCAA?

Talking about some serious hype of player's abilities.

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

McD's All-Americans dont mean nuttin...The Terps didn't have a single McD AA on the squad this year. It just means they are good high school players

7. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. Jay and Jr. seem to be good players but come on if they are the two best players in the draft next to Yao, they are some serious underachievers.

8. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Dunleavey's draft status seriously affects our #15 pick. It bumps everyone one spot up, leaving the marginal draft-lottery talent at our choice. Unless the interest increases for Frank Williams, Melvin Ely, Jiri Welsch, or Haislip, the trade value of #15 isn't going to give us big returns. Are we even interested in any of these guys? (And don't even talk about Borchardt pulling out. That would be a serious sin of Onan for us, or not.)

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly! All the more reason why the Rockets should NOT announce they are going to pick Mind until AFTER the deadline for college players to pull back out of the draft. It seems that perhaps Dunleavy might go back to college if the Rockets pick Yao...if that is the case then hold off so Dunleavy is FORCED to make a decision, hopefully to stay in the draft. The more people that stay in the draft the better selection the Rockets will have at #15.

I think the Rockets can get a solid role player at #15 to add more "punch" from the bench. I think either Welsch or Nachbar would be a great choice with that selection.

Chris