1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumb & Dumber 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So you have seen all of his recent movies?

If you are just going to pay him money for nostalgia have at it.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm sure 20 years ago your parents thought Dumb and Dumber was the stupidest movie of the decade. i bet your children will find this edition hilarious.

3. Bandwagoner

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/q0zGXZa2dG0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/q0zGXZa2dG0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jim Carrey isn't worth to go see a movie anymore. No point.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Jim Carrey movies after the Mask:

Dumb & Dumber
    Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
    The Cable Guy
    Liar Liar
    The Truman Show
    Man on the Moon
    Bruce Almighty
    Eternal Sunshine...
    Kick Ass 2

Granted, his career has been steadily declining over the last decade but to say his career started nosediving immediately after the Mask is wrong. Trust me...

[​IMG]

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I Love You Phillip Morris and A Series of Unfortunate Events were pretty good too. And I didn't see it, but wasn't Horton Hears a Who well-received?

6. Asian Sensation

This.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The correct answer as to when Jim Carrey's movie career nosedived into mediocrity is the year 2005, the same time he started dating Jenny McCarthy.

Every movie from 2005 on has been lackluster.

1 person likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ouch! What a terrible trailer. Embarrassing.

9. Bandwagoner

Fun with Dick and Jane 2005
    The Number 23 2007
    Yes Man 2008
    I love You phillip morris 2009
    A Christmas Carol 2009
    Mr. Poppers Penguins 2011

He just can't carry a movie anymore. I loved the first dumb and dumber. This one is just a rehash for no reason.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's like he stopped taking the vaccine that prevents one from being unfunny.

2 people like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

About a decade and a half too late

1 person likes this.
  12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

True, but I still enjoy it today. And I still love watching the likes of Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore when they come on tv. I love a good slapstick comedy and I don't think the Apatow and Ferrell-esque movies out there are any more refined than something like Dumber and Dumber. This movie, so far, just doesn't look that good. But it's only one trailer.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Can't believe the folks slagging a movie based on a trailer. I look forward to it purely for nostalgia and seeing two of the more endearing movie characters returning to the screen together.

It's not like we're talking about a sequel to Citizen Kane in the case of the first movie. Even so, my boy and I routinely enjoy watching the original.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The first one will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the first movie I can remember making my dad laugh is ass off.

The trailer means nothing to me. Like I mentioned earlier, the original's trailer wasn't spectacular either.

Will this one be as funny as the first one? I doubt it... but I'm still going to go see it.

15. Bandwagoner

[​IMG]

If this works I expect Adam Sandler to start raping his previous successful titles by 2015.

16. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Where the hell did all this hate come from and for a sequel to Dumb and Dumber??? :confused: Count me in as someone who actually enjoyed the trailer and got a few laughs from it. Brought back memories. :)

1 person likes this.
  17. Nero

Nero Member

I especially love the ability of people to categorically declare it to be words like a 'rehash', etc etc, after not having seen the movie at all.

Ah well, I remember when I was young and knew everything too. :grin:

18. Bandwagoner

Did you watch the trailer?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cringeworthy trailer.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Yep.

When you have a movie that was 'character-based', such as Dumb and Dumber, it is the behaviors and idiosynchrasies which define those characters. It has been twenty years after all, and the trailer must do two things: both REMIND those of us who have seen the first movie exactly who those CHARACTERS are, and also INTRODUCE those same characters to an entirely new generation of viewers, many of whom will likely either not have seen it, or don't remember it because they were too young when they saw it the first time.

The trailer made me laugh out loud at least once, and yes, it also called back to the first movie.

So?

I am not saying I think it will be 'great', or even anywhere near as good as the first. If I had to guess, I would say it probably won't be as good.

However, I do not KNOW, I cannot DECLARE it to be such-and-such based solely upon an early preview. Nobody can. And anyone who thinks he can is just plain goofy.