1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumb & Dumber 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

I didn't see any of the ones listed... not a one... so, I've done my part...

2. Nero

Nero Member

Your powers of prognostication are amazing. Can you be specific?

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

I think the trailer speaks for itself... Consider that comedy trailers (like all trailers really) usually show some of the best, or in this case, funnier moments in the movie...

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, that trailer looked pretty awful. But I'll give it a watch. Not in theaters most likely though.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There are 4-5 jokes from the first movie just in the trailer. I fear how many are in the entire movie. Jeff Daniels is doing a huge favor to the nosediving careers of Carrey and the farrelly brothers.

Anyone who actually pays money to see this should be kicked in the balls after their ticket is torn and asked to leave. You could buy the Blu-ray to the first one and have 5 bucks leftover.

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

jesus man its just a movie. a dumb and dumber movie at that. what the hell did you expect? looks like a fun movie.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In what way? Both actors are way to old for the roles and the jokes are bad.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Should have hired M. Night Schmaylamalamailman as a consultant when they made that trailer. He would have guaranteed at least a 50% increase in revenue.

1 person likes this.
  9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Jim Carrey will ALWAYS be an all time great in my mind. Growing up on his comedies were a very good thing

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

There's dumb funny, such as the original movie, then there's just plain dumb... and judging by the trailer.... this is more the latter than the former...

Jim here is giving a Heyp-esque vibe... and not just in creepiness... That aside, the jokes are recycled, except not as well delivered... For example, remember the set-up, pacing and timing to the "Just when I didn't think you could get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF" joke in the first...?

Here, we have the same joke, without the build up, in fact we have Jeff Daniels straight summarize/explain to the audience the reason why the joke should be funny "You mean you've been faking being crazy for yadda yadda years just for a prank? That's awesome!"

It's not as cleverly done, or written... You can't possible think Dumb & Dumber was just a series of dumb jokes done haphazardly, to think this trailer is exactly the sequel you would've expected after viewing the original film...

11. noize

noize Contributing Member

No go for me. Carrey went down hill after doing the Mask. No reason for him to return to his glory days of Ace Ventura.

12. VanityHalfBlack

At least it wasn't an Adam Sandler vehicle, to that I say what a refreshing slice of comedy divine!! You snobs were the same way when the prequel came out and said, "Oh this sucks the original stars aren't even in this." Really clutchfans, really?

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Wow, that didn't look all that good. I love the original but there's something that just seems off about this...maybe because there's too much familiarity with the first and also because they just seem a little too old and going through the motions. It'd be the same as watching Carrey try to resurrect Ace Ventura.

And how did they get the dog wagon back?

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You guys remember the trailer for the 1st one? That trailer didn't look that good either...

15. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, that's whats up!

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Every so often a trailer doesn't do the movie justice. The trailer shows a few funny scenes but looks like it whiffs on other attempts.

The Farrellys exhausted their gold mine long ago, but I'll wait til this comes out before I decide if it's worth seeing in a theater.

Anyway, thank God for HBO or Showtime if it isn't worth the $$$.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, i'm not sure what people expect. I'm not convinced that they can catch lighting in a bottle again (and I doubt they can), but at the same time I'm not going to have a trailer definitively make that decision for me.

People just have a weird fascination with hating or discrediting a movie for poor/illogical reasons.

1 person likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Perfect encapsulation of the internet...

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The first trailer did enough to want me to go see it. This doesn't do that.

The first movie came out at a time when Carrey was at his comedic peak. His career now is pretty non existent.

Yeah it's only the first trailer so I'll keep an open mind, but I'm pretty skeptical right now this movie will be worth watching. There's a freshness and energy lacking here, I guess something that should be expected when you're resurrecting a long dormant franchise (if you can call it that).

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And you were also 20 years younger.