1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumb & Dumber 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Officially titled 'Dumb and Dumber To'

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We're Back!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DumbTo&amp;src=hash">#DumbTo</a> <a href="http://t.co/u2u42yM2hk">pic.twitter.com/u2u42yM2hk</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Daniels (@Jeff_Daniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Daniels/statuses/382520858100523009">September 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. pd_

pd_ Member

so you're saying there's a chance??!?!!??!???

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Mary Samsonite is going to be in this one.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Have high hopes, the original two leads are finally back and the Farrelly brothers are back as well. I'm pretty stoked for this but then again when was the last funny Farrelly brothers movie not made in the 90s?

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Shallow Hal was fairly funny. 2001

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I thought Daniels had earned himself a little more stature since Newsroom and could get back to dramatic film acting on a full-time basis. But considering he moved out of Hollywood years ago he probably isn't as ambitious or image conscious as other actors of his experience and name recognition. I guess if he really enjoyed working with Carrey the first time and the money is decent, he might as well do it again. I just think with this much time elapsed it's a genuinely dated product.

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Damn, that's a decade and two years!!! Screw it, I have high hopes still.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think I laughed harder at the title ("Dumb and Dumber To") than the photo. Here's hoping the second film is as funny as the first, and that my juvenile sense of humor hasn't changed, middle age notwithstanding.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

John C. Reilly is a well-regarded actor that does silly films too. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Leslie Nielsen started out as a serious actor too. Could be that Daniels just wants to have fun making a dumb movie with Jim Carrey again. Hell, how could that NOT be fun?

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If anything, his emmy win should raise awareness of just how good an actor he is.

He's certainly got range.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Not getting my hopes up at all, aka The Hangover 2.

15. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I am cautiously optimistic about the quality for the simple fact that they've had so much time to develop this script. My indicator of a person's ability to critique movies is based on on what they thought of the original dumb and dumber.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dumb grammatical mistake is dumber. Because of that, it will be a hit with a bunch of the USA audience. :grin:

I won't go see it at the movies.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Most anticipated movie of the year!!!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/lGXHVlEklgQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/lGXHVlEklgQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

As opposed to Garfield... The Smurfs... Transformers... Jem & the Holograms (yes, they're making a movie for this)....?

In Hollywood, nothing is genuinely dated... They'll keep resurrecting the dead and slapping modern make-up on them as long as it'll make money...

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Making money means that people want to see it. If you don't want those movies to do well then don't see them.

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

My god.... do you realize what this means.....

It means.... this damn thing... isn't going to work!

Seriously... this looks pretty bad... I, obviously, didn't think it was going to be as great as the original... but, I didn't think it'd be THIS bad....