1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's unlikely to make it any worse either. If you watched the game you saw that Duane Brown wasn't doing a good job even though he was matched up with a 37 year old dinosaur that most people forgot was still in the league.

That scrub is not the difference between the QB getting hurt or not getting hurt.

3. Roc Paint

I agree that sometimes Bobbythegreat is obvious, but he's acting just like y'all. I believe that's the reason he pushes his agenda.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Almost everything I say is obvious honestly. Doesn't stop people from disagreeing though.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How is Duane Brown being the best offensive lineman based on race? Lol that's ridiculous. Everyone knows he was the best. He just left on bad terms.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the only way you could have that opinion based on the information available unless you are talking about once upon a time and not today. Again, he got his ass handed to him yesterday by Dwight F'n Freeney, your boy is over the hill and scrubbish.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I did watch the game and I saw a guy who hasn't been in camp and was going to need time to get into football shape. The line is a mess and they better get it fixed or this kid is going to be food for the lions. Sentimental attachments to all players need to go out of the window this off-season, because the present group isn't going to cut it long term. They need talent up front.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you saw excuses for his poor play, fair enough.

I think the offense has shown us this season that Duane Brown playing, throwing a temper tantrum, or being on a different team makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. For sure the team will need to invest in O line for the future, but that's got nothing to do with a washed up locker room cancer.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You don't know me at all to point to how i was raised. No where have i ever had a issue with a player on the texans due to the race. All these guys put their brains and bodies on the line everyday and i respect that. Management decisions is where i disagree with the texans organization and how certain players are handled.

10. Roc Paint

I really wish they would have sent him packing to Cleveland

houstonstime and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, I'm not sure why you are the way you are, I'm not sure why Lin fans were they way they were.....I just know that "fans" like you guys are super annoying because your hot takes aren't based on anything that matters.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Now that he's gone we will see who you call a cancer next. Lol

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Obrien has tailored the offense to suit Watsons strengths... With or without Duane, we're racking up points. Yes, we'll need to address the Oline in the off-season, but nothing would have changed this year with Duane in the lineup. This isn't some major loss to the offense...id think otherwise if we weren't putting up crazy offensive numbers.

We have lots of cap money to spend this off-season. Lots of it. We'll address our weaknesses and get rolling.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully now that he's gone, there won't be a cancer in the locker room. I mean, it could still happen, but assuming we were both Texans fans, wouldn't that be what we'd hope for?

15. Roc Paint

I don't know, but I'm sure he's ....lol

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Simple i call it like i see it. Just like i called that Deshaun Watson should be starting week 1 and you disagreed. We are all wrong at times and nothing is wrong with that. Sometimes the chips fall a different way then what we anticipate. But my takes are my takes because at the end of the day i want the texans to be in the best situation to win every game.

Junebball likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I don't doubt that you "call it like you see it", so did the Lin fans. Again, perhaps you guys were raised wrong, which is why I don't blame you guys for your shortcomings. Clearly others failed you along the way.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dwight Freeney wasn't on an NFL team one week ago. He missed all of training camp and two months of the season, just like Brown. If Brown can use the "I need to get into football shape" excuse... Then so can Freeney. The difference is that Freeney is past retirement age and dominated Brown. I'm sure Brown will get better, but it's really not a good sign when someone who is 37 and unemployed, comes off the streets and pushes you around.

In any case, Brown hates the Texans and there is no sense in keeping someone around that wants out of your organization. Not sure what alternatives the Texans had here... They shouldn't be blamed for making the trade, even if it meant getting next to nothing in return. At least we got some good assets back.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah but i know how Duane Brown feels... a lot more players in that locker room feel the same way. I'm willing to bet that's just the truth. But i hope they can move on honestly. I don't think this race stuff is worth sacrificing playing a game we all love. Just have to accept that we all have our prejudices but the respect for each other has to be there.

20. Why not?

Why not? Member

Great trade! Now when Watson is in MVP form (around 2019), we'll be stocking up on picks. Watch this 2nd end up being a huge difference maker down the line.

Bobbythegreat likes this.