1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wow! Home run for Duane Brown. Didn't think he would get this much. He should send McNair a thank you card.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

But that new contract doesn’t go into effect until 2019. Brown will still be paid the $9.75M non-guaranteed under his original deal. Neither team guaranteed any of the remaining money of his current deal which like you said, was reportedly what he wanted.

I think it’s safe to assume he would’ve gotten a similar extension here had things not went the way they did. But no hard feelings, he wanted out and paid a cost but doubt he is losing any sleep over it.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's why I tend to believe him when he said it wasn't just about the money.

But if he gets cut today he gets $16 mil guaranteed from the new contract. That makes a huge difference.

macho GRANDE and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah, Bob McNair SHOWED him! How dare Duane call Bob out! Bob traded him out of spite to make a point! I guess Duane has to pick of the pieces with $36 million in his pocket!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Eh...both sides wanted out and think both sides made out well.

Would I rather have Brown anchoring the line this season? Ya I would. But getting a 2nd and 3rd for a 33 year old LT is a nice return. Hopefully Rankin and whoever our 2nd rounder is can produce.

macho GRANDE, red5rocket and Nimo like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely hoping Seattle sucks so it’s a high 2nd

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's what McNair gets for being cheap. Should have just paid Brown.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right now Seattle is 3-3 with no hope of winning their division but they are probably going to be in the hunt for the wild card with like 5 other teams.

red5rocket likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still glad he's gone, he's a piece of ****, and a piece of **** like that would be bad for the locker room.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He was not bad for the locker room.

Nook and Fulgore like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he was, he was creating a divide in the locker room AND he was hurting the team by not showing up. As I said, he's a piece of **** and I'm glad he's gone.

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

There was no divide anywhere. Nothing came out about any one on the team having anything to say about Brown's situation. Him not being there was bad for O-line performance sure, but it had no effect otherwise. He was one of the most highly reguarded Texans in this pathetic team's history. Dude is an A+ character human.

Don't mix your distaste for him and his convictions with anything to do with what transpired at the end of his stay as a Texan.

JeffB, Fulgore and TheRealist137 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you wouldn't expect anything to come out during the "I'm just trying to be the best teammate I can be" era of the Texans now would you? That said, his b****assness absolutely caused a divide in the locker room and he intentionally hurt the team, you can't keep a piece of **** like that around. If he was a person of high character, it would have never been a problem but that's simply not the kind of person he is and I'm glad he's gone. It's not like the piece of **** would show up to play no matter what.

Don't mix your support for his politics with anything to do with how he handled himself at the end of his stay as a Texan.

15. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

You don't know my politics or what I support. Don't try to prove your point by insinuating anything about the other person you're having a discussion with. I know your "deal" on here, everyone does. Still, You have yet to prove this "Divide" that was created. Everyone that has ever spoken publicly about Brown has profusely garnered him with praise and admiration. He didn't intentionally do anything to the team. He was lied to by the front office on many occasions regarding him and other teammates getting a voice publicly to speak up about what they were fighting for outside of football. The Texans decided to stick with riding Watt's dick and everything that came with it. He was upfront with the Texans that off-season, prior to any team activities that if a deal wasn't accomplished he would hold out. The Texans tried to call his bluff and lost.

I know you remember all the dick riding Watt got right? The whole hurricane relief effort? You know who else helped out in Houston that didn't get a single acknowledgement that just so happened to also be a Texan? The rest of the team. Watt did a fantastic thing, I love him for that. Duane did his thing for the city to. Guess who chose not to throw any shine on anyone else who helped out? The Texans. Same Texans that promised to give players a chance to have a voice publicly, and then backtracked to ride the national media wave of Watt's charity. Same team that has had a feeble minded owner slip up and show some of his true character.

Brown has always handled himself the right way. He was upfront with what he wanted from the Texans. He was told he would be given a platform, He was then denied said platform. He told them he was going to hold out for a long term deal so he would be financial set in case of injury. Texans flubbed that mess up like they typically do. Then traded the best tackle this franchise has ever had for nothing.

He held strong in his belief like any morally strong person does. The NFL is a business and a players commodity is their body. They can chose what they want to do for themselves. No Team has that right. He was betrayed by the Texans and then shipped off.

If anything, You should be more pissed at the Texans for being piss poor at communicating with their personnel and with their ability to fix problems as they arise.

JeffB, crose and TheRealist137 like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can fee free to be triggered by valid criticism of Brown and as a reflex suck his dick, but it changes nothing. You are incredibly transparent when it comes to this because you wouldn't take that stance with any other player who acted like a b**** and refused to show up to work knowing he was hurting the team.

That's really all I have to say on the subject, that piece of **** isn't on the team anymore and honestly doesn't deserve to be talked about in this forum anymore. Move it to the Football: NFL, College, High School forum if you want to blow Brown some more.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How we did not pay Brown is mind boggling!

The Texans could be super bowl contenders right now had they just kept Boyue and Brown.

Brown may have mentioned that he didn't want to be a Texan, but if I had to bet. McNair let political beliefs get in the way of handing Brown the money he desired. Brown would have taken the contract no matter what. It was always about money and it is what ultimately scares me about this franchise. It isn't always about winning first and foremost.

It is Image first, money second, winning third.

We have a mini Jerry Jones at the helm.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Locker room was a fan of Brown in Houston.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some of them, sure.

20. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

lmao

Keep up that tired image of yourself. Be that cuck like the NFL wants you to be. No point in trying to have a discussion with someone unable to hold one.