1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Driving while intoxicated with Your best friend sans your best friends head

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket101, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

This is messed up

Headless horseman for a best friend

MARIETTA, Georgia (AP) -- A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, police said.

He then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, police said, leaving the headless body in his truck.

A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm's headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson's driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.

Officers said they found Hutcherson asleep inside his home, visibly drunk and his clothes bloody, and later found Brohm's severed head at the crash site.

"It's hard for one to imagine that you would drive miles from a crash site to your home, turning in various directions, and yet not know what has happened to a passenger sitting next to you," Pierce said.

Hutcherson, 21, was charged with vehicular homicide, driving under the influence and failure to stop at an accident with death or injury. He was jailed on a $100,000 bond; it was unclear Monday whether he had an attorney.

Police said Hutcherson and Brohm -- friends since high school -- were drinking at a bar Saturday night and left after Brohm said he felt sick.

Brohm, 23, apparently was leaning out of the window when Hutcherson hit the support wire about a mile and a half from the bar, but police did not know why.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I having hard time picturing what happened. But damn. That is gruesome. It reminded me of some mini movie I saw called ghost ship or something were a cord decapitates like 200 people on a dance floor and only a child survives. It was sick.

3. synergy

synergy Member

stupid rednecks...

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

that's about as good as the chick who drove home with the homeless guy stuck in her windshield.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Announcer:

Next time, make it a "Bud" Light.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

If you got into a car accident, that decapitated the friend sitting next to you, and continued to drive 12 miles without realizing it...

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I was just glad he finally stopped leaning out the window and screaming at all the chicks like an idiot.

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

I remember a few years back something similiar to this happening in (suprise?) Georgia.

A woman hit someone and the corpse was stuck to her windshield. She just drove home and parked her car in the garage like nothing happened...

#8 UTweezer, Aug 30, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

thats terrible

I pity the fool who drinks and drives

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That occurred in Dallas; she hit a homeless man and she was...a nurse.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dude, that happened in Dallas/Fort Worth maybe a year ago. Some chick did some Ecstasy, Pot, and Beer combination and smashed into a homeless person on the freeway. With him stuck in the windshield, she left him there and drove home parking in the garage. She then, realizing he was still alive, did nothing to help the man and even laughed about it while he was stuck in the windshield slowly bleeding to death over a 36(or so) hour timespan. He would have lived with some broken bones had he been helped. The lady got her boyfriend and friends involved in covering it up. They dumped the guy's body in the park and conspired to dump the car. They were caught cause this same stupid, stupid lady talked about it out partying and they found the car in her garage still there weeks later. She had zero remorse the whole time. Terrible. She got caught and is in jail for a while. I wonder how many times this has happened if it happened in Georgia as well? I mean...yea you don't want to go to jail for breaking the law but if it means going to jail or letting someone die...go to jail for crying out loud and save the person. Duh!

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

^ I think they also did a CSI episode based on that lady. It's only a matter of time before this DWI/decapitation story gets the CSI/Law and Order treatment.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the same thing also happened in Houston a few years ago.