1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Driving to Los Angeles. Tips?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scarface281, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SuraGotMadHops

When you hit El Paso, you're over halfway there!!

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It'd be crazy expensive, but if you have money to blow and you wan't to enjoy scenery, I'd consider taking Amtrak.

Maybe you could take Amtrak one way then fly back.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Make sure to look out for Texas Canyon (in SE Arizona...probably about 45 minutes East of Tucson on I-10). Crazy giant granite boulders and formations all over the place. They appear out of nowhere. Very picturesque.

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Let's be real, the scenery is nothing spectacular. If you really want breathtaking scenery, there are other places to go.

5. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I was in SoCal few weeks ago , beautiful place. Just the traffic is insane beyond words. Beautiful scenery , people , weather etc.

6. Faust

Faust Member

i had a few dime bags last time i drove to cali. no big deal and no problems i usually drive 10 hours till paso, spend the night, and then drive to la. but i did get pulled over for going 84 in an 80 zone near a town called fort stockton in west texas. no sniffer dogs thank god.