1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Driving] D Bag Driver Causes Crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Who's at Fault?

1. Camaro Driver (Douche for driving reckless/DWI)

73 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. Pickup Truck (Douche for keeping pace with 18 wheeler)

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. 18 Wheeler (Douche for not slowing down for the two idiots)

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hadn't considered that. In that case he'd be a hero. But the more likely scenario is that he piles through a dozen special needs children crossing to the school bus.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Here's the perfect analogy

We are Buck (Black guy)

Camaro is the robber

Pickup is the Fat guy

18 wheeler is the Cashier

NSFW language

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KgJKA_lCR2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I'm not even worried that the guy was drunk. The Camaro is clearly fault... you simply are never to go offroading in the GRASS to pass someone. He could have easily been sober and been just as aggressive / douchy.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is exactly it.

It's pretty much a given that the camero driver is an idiot. That's why some here think others are letting him off the hook and only judging what the pickup driver did.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Blocking the passing lane is INCREDIBLY dangerous, even if you don't see a four or five car-length snake in back of you. The ungodly amount of things that can build up usually isn't taken into consideration by the sorts of people that think the left lane is just another lane to drive in.

And it's not about grandma going 55 in the left hand lane of a 70. Simply going the speed limit ("hey, I follow the laws here, look at me!") in the passing lane without making an attempt to pass and/or get over is dangerous enough.

Those that are chiding the 18-wheeler for not "slowing down" are way off here, and they don't know what it's like to drive one of those things. You can't just take off the throttle and slow as simply as we can in regular cars and trucks. The sheer amount of gears those guys and gals have to deal with makes it a huge, complicated and often unsafe decision. Especially when they usually don't know what sort of *other* a-hole (because there is always another one) is camped out directly behind them in their blind spot.

To the last point, why do people still do that? Did their terrible-driving parents tell them that this is where they should stick?

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PgzPH8S81qw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.freewaydriving.com

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I vote pick up and camaro. Every single time I'm on the left lane and I see someone getting near me or is behind me, I will move my ass out of the way because the left lane is for passing. A lot of states have those signs up, but Texas doesn't?

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Explain to me how driving in the left lane and not passing is inherently dangerous? Because the people behind him/her will do dangerous things like tail people -- therefore driving in the left lane is dangerous?

Sorry, I disagree. The people tailing are the dangerous ones, whether you're being an annoying ******* in the passing lane or not -- being there does not put anyone at risk, it just slows you down and annoys you...except for the situation of being boxed in (especially by large vehicles).

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Texas does. People just ignore them.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

You are a bad driver. You suck at driving if you really believe the garbage you are posting.

http://abc13.com/archive/9315437/

#90 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, why do you think they put up signs that say left lane for passing only and you can actually receive a ticket for doing not complying? For ****s and giggles?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

It's against the law to drive in the left lane without passing Kevoooo and I hope a Cop lights you up and drags you to the shoulder only to take off. That's how cops deal with people that hang out in the left lane.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Holds up traffic. Comparing it to a drunk driver who is actively trying to run people off the road is asinine.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

LOL -- real mature. You disagree with what I say, so you attack me? If you disagree, why don't you discuss it instead of resorting to insults? Pretty pathetic.

1) I still don't see how driving in the left lane is inherently dangerous.
    2) I have never been in accident because I am actually a really good driver. I constantly check every mirror, I constantly watch for other drivers' actions, I constantly check my speed, I check for emergency vehicles, I move out of the way when people come speeding up from behind, I don't stay in the left lane, etc.

Yet, because I don't see how driving in the left lane is inherently dangerous, I am a bad driver? Grow up, dude.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hey dumbutt, I never said it wasn't illegal. God damn are you trolling, or just purposefully being dense?

I never ONCE said I hang out in the left lane. I said I don't agree that traveling in the left lane is explicitly dangerous, and no one has answered me as to how it is. You deduced from that that I constantly drive in the left lane, which I don't.

Learn to read.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't think anyone here is doing that. Some are just pointing that the truck and the 18-wheeler would've been unscathed had the truck decided not to get in a dick-swinging contest with another driver. Instead, they wrecked and are extremely lucky to be alive.

Seeing someone do stupid **** doesn't give you a pass to do stupid **** as well, even if the stupid **** you do is a less stupid than the other guy.

stupid

1 person likes this.
  17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Driving slow in the left lane is not only dangerous and inconsiderate but it is ILLEGAL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OkXlOrI5k-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video taken in Montgomery County.

http://www.autoinsurancecenter.com/driving-slow-in-the-left-lane-is-dumb-and-illegal.htm

https://www.esurance.com/info/car/the-dangers-of-driving-too-slowly

http://www.motorists.org/lane-courtesy/excuses

http://blog.firsttimedriver.com/2015/02/01/slow-left-lane-driving-laws-and-dangers/

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Because it slows down traffic and traffic congestion has an enormous impact on the economy and infrastructure. Not because in and of itself it is dangerous.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Do people read before they comment?

We know it's illegal. No one has refuted that.

The question is, how/why is it dangerous in and of itself?

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anyone here who said "just because a car cuts you off" is doing it. The car didn't cut off the truck. The car tried to sideswipe the truck and without the truck going off the road the accident would have happened then.

I'm all for defensive driving and hate left lane campers but people have been shot for less than what the car initially did. I'm shocked the mild road the truck engaged in is even being mentioned.