1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Driving] D Bag Driver Causes Crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Who's at Fault?

1. Camaro Driver (Douche for driving reckless/DWI)

73 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. Pickup Truck (Douche for keeping pace with 18 wheeler)

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. 18 Wheeler (Douche for not slowing down for the two idiots)

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you use a turn signal, you're not a d-bag.

Doesn't matter what else you do.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Totally agree.

Everything went really wrong when the Camaro started flashing his lights and riding the truck's ass. All because the truck had the gall to not slam on his brakes and let the Camaro in front of him. :rolleyes:

It looked like after the initial incident the truck was continuing to drive at his normal speed and looked to have been passing semis. If the Camaro would have just swallowed his worthless pride and just followed the pick up truck at a normal distance and waited until it was actually his turn to pass, the truck probably wouldn't have done anything. Unfortunately his hi-jinks appeared to eventually amuse/annoy the truck, so the truck driver thought it would be fun to **** with him, and I can't really blame him. Still, as much fun as it is to **** with douchebags like this, it's obviously not the smart thing to do.

Usually in these types of situation I just continue to go at my normal speed, and when the occasion arises for the douche to pass me I make sure to look at his pathetic fuming face as he slams on the gas to speed by me, and just laugh and waive. It always amuses me that someone can get so upset over something that may have cost them 10 seconds of their life. Get over yourself dude, your life isn't that important.

#42 DCkid, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. Faust

Faust Member

this is the right answer. truck's ego was bruised at the beginning with the attempted cut in. but camaro shouldn't have to pass from the right in first place. dbag was truck and idiot was camaro for being provoked by truck. 18 wheeler was idiot too for not slowing down to let the camaro escape. pressure kept building up and the situation exploded.

4. DCkid

I call bull****. The truck appeared to be passing semis just fine in the left lane at the beginning....just not as fast as the uber-speeding, drunk Camaro driver would like. If you look closely, you can even see the shadow of another car in front of the truck at the beginning...so he clearly was not just coasting slowly in the passing lane. Don't know where you get that from?

The pickup truck didn't start slowing down and messing with the camaro driver until he got on his ass and started flashing his lights.

Yes, the left lane is for passing, but if you are passing cars and someone behind you wants you to pass cars faster, then **** 'em. Should I slam on my brakes and let them in? Should I slow down, change lanes and get myself stuck behind slower traffic so the guy can get by me? No way.

#44 DCkid, Apr 28, 2015
  5. DCkid

LOL. If you're passing someone in the passing lane, then you are not doing anything wrong There's no rule that says you have to pass at a certain acceleration rate or at a faster rate that the less-safe drivers behind you would prefer.

All this is pointless anyway, because there is clearly another car directly in front of the pickup at the beginning. He doesn't start driving "slow and unsafe" until the camaro turns his douche meter to 11 and starts flashing his lights and riding ass.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, you see the beginning. And honestly, it was actually that car in front of the truck that started the backup. Took a good amount of time to even reach the semi. And then a slow pass once there, basically driving side by side. Even the dashcam driver got too close to the truck BEFORE the Camaro driver was even in the picture. That is what passing slow will do (bunch cars up together creating prime conditions for an accident). Then, once the Camaro idiot tries to merge into the truck, the truck driver speeds up then slams on the brakes. Yeah, that is not a very smart thing to do in those crowded situations on the freeway.

A lot of our traffic issues are because we have drivers like those in the truck and others that drive like that (passing very slow, looking in rearview trying to stop cars from passing). It is quite annoying seeing a car taking 30 seconds to pass a semi when there is clear space in front. The truck driver should just slow down and move to the right if he wants to pass that slow. I guarantee you a couple of drivers would immediately pass the truck and semis in a safer manner. Instead, truck thought it was a good idea to create a traffic pileup. You keep defending the truck, but he is just as wrong as the Camaro driver.

7. DCkid

This is a traffic pileup? I hope you don't live in a big city. The cars were passing the semis just fine. If it's not fast enough for a drunk driver going 20mph over the speed limit, then that's too bad. No one cares that he doesn't get to his destination quicker. Besides, we can't really see what was going on ahead of the truck. Maybe there was just a lot of volume...maybe there is a merge up ahead that bunches of traffic a little bit. All I know is I don't see any unsafe driving until the camaro comes into the scene.

Seriously? Just as wrong!?! You must be joking

#47 DCkid, Apr 28, 2015
  8. Scarface281

Flashing your headlights isn't a big deal. Car did not start riding the truck until the truck did a brake check on the car (causing dashcam driver to brake too...nice of the truck driver to cause that chain reaction).

But yeah, you are doing something wrong. There may not be a definite rule on how fast you should pass, but common sense should be used. Don't "pass" like the car in front of the truck was doing. Driving 66 or 67MPH to pass a vehicle driving 65MPH is not safe. Should be at least 5MPH above the car to your right to clear out the lane efficiently.

What you describe is exactly why, outside of nonrush hour traffic, we still have huge traffic packs all crowded together. Driving in America sucks ass. Too many selfish drivers who don't use common sense.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"Assholes being assholes"

- Frank Zappa

10. Scarface281

How do you know how fast over the speed limit he was driving? No, the cars were not passing fast. Took a while to even reach the first semi. Then the Camaro comes up, and the lead car speeds up and is gone. Yeah, I live in Houston and have seen so much unnecessary traffic because people drive the way you describe. And yeah, the truck is just as bad. Maybe you disagree and believe it is safe to slam on your brakes at high speeds just to piss off someone behind you. And on top of that, not even pass causing cars to pile up and get boxed in behind you.

There was nothing going on in front of the vehicle in front of the truck. Just slow passing. Imagine, if the car in front of the truck at passed quickly and efficiently and moved over to the right. Then the truck passed the semis and moved either behind the car, or passed it then moved over. Then dashcam does the same. We would have seen Camaro (and other vehicles no doubt) zoom pass on the left and traffic would be flowing. I love it when I get with good drivers on the freeway and stuff like this happens. Everyone passes and yields efficiently and traffic is so much more pleasant becausw we aren't driving side by side on in each others blindspots due to slow passers/idiot drivers.

Probably last thing I'll say is, sallow that pride and learn how to drive.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

I still don't understand how people get so upset when someone is driving aggressively nowadays. If i'm on the left lane on the freeway and going 75-80 and someone comes up to me hauling ass I move over first chance I get and let them pass.

Why create a possibly bad situation because your ego is bruised that someone is trying to drive faster than you?

I'll take more cars driving aggresively hauling ass down the freeway than 75% of cars nowadays that are constantly tapping their brakes with no one in front of them or swerving because their faces are plastered in their phones...at least the aggressive driver is paying attention to the road.

In this case, both drivers are at fault. Two guys clearly in a dick swinging contest and both lose.

1 person likes this.
  12. DCkid

What about almost getting side-swiped by another car... is that a big deal? The truck was rightfully sending a message to the guy who threatened his life by brake-checking. The Camaro should have used that to pull himself together and realize that he almost killed someone and should just take his lumps and drive safer...at least noone was injured . But no...he doubles down and takes it as an affront to his manhood... :rolleyes:

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Lots of a-hole drivers in this thread too if you think the pickup was the biggest problem. I'm not even going to bother with any discussion because I can tell the mentality going on here.

Oh BTW if I'm the dash cam driver I would have put 10 car lengths between me and them, I'm surprised he kept so close seeing how dangerous they both were.

#53 professorjay, Apr 28, 2015
  14. Scarface281

Two wrongs do not make a right. I have almost been hit before too by an idiot driver, but I don't try to cause another accident by brake checking them. A look of disgust, maybe a one finger salute, and I'm on my way. I don't have time to play games with you kids.

15. DCkid

Fixed.

seriously though, the guy wasn't just "driving aggressive". We're talking about a reckless driver that literally switched lanes with a car clearly right next to him. I don't know what video some of you are looking at.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Camaro is obviously the biggest *******, but the truck in the left lane is definitely a dick as well. Roads are no place to have a dick-swinging contest. Just pass the 18-wheeler and let the Camaro go on his way. Call the cops if you're that upset at how he's driving.

I made a road trip this weekend and it's infuriating to have cars pass 18-wheelers at a slow pace, especially under the speed limit. It's dangerous to the other cars on the road. And there's no doubt in my mind that the 18-wheeler driver knew what he was doing too. They suck too. My favorite is when they take 5 miles to pass another 18-wheeler, backing up traffic while they go .5 mph faster than the other one.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

My first part of my post was a general post about people's driving tendencies.

Only in the last part did I refer to the video....

18. Scarface281

Camaro driver was drunk which is stupid, but people drive like that sober so....I'll just say that once the guy almost got hit by the Camaro, maybe he should have given it the finger and kept driving instead of being dangerous by brake checking and then trying to police the road.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They're both assholes

Both should be given life bans from driving and taken to a mental hospital to have their brain cells examined

20. DCkid

I agree with you...Here's where we differ.

*holding my hand up high as it can go* Here is driving recklessly, almost side-swiping cars, dangerously riding-ass while flashing lights, swerving in and out of the shoulder, trying to pass on the shoulder and causing a massive wreck that could have killed multiple people.
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    *holding my hand as low as it can go* and here is Brake-checking someone who just threatened your life with their reckless driving and slowing down so they can't pass
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    *and now I have somehow inserted my hand underground* and here is the guy in front of the truck who was not quickly passing.

Yes, it deserves the mention the pickup driver should have just avoided escalation after the adrenaline rush/anger of almost getting run off the road and potentially killed. But he deserves about 1/1000th of the derision of the Camaro driver.

#60 DCkid, Apr 28, 2015