1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Driving] D Bag Driver Causes Crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Who's at Fault?

1. Camaro Driver (Douche for driving reckless/DWI)

73 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. Pickup Truck (Douche for keeping pace with 18 wheeler)

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. 18 Wheeler (Douche for not slowing down for the two idiots)

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That was after the camaro tried to run him off the road. This isn't cutting someone off. The dude was drunk and not even looking.

[​IMG]

2. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

camero driver was drunk.

in fairness....he probably had to pee.

but that was likely resolved as soon as he spun out in front of the truck...

(and guessing the camero driver was the douche is usually a safe bet ;)).

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm Amazed by some of the responses here

Basically from some I get that
    The Camaro was wrong
    BUT
    The Truck was more wrong because he would not allow the camaro to continue to be wrong.

The Camaro was speeding it seems
    The Camaro was being a street bully
    The Camaro was simply impatient
    BUT
    The Truck should have been obligated to move out of his way and let him continue on his way????????

SMH

It is annoying that people will support someone doing wrong and condemn someone who is in the right because they did not GIVE IN to the wrong doer.

This is like the AHole that sees a long line at his exit but . .will go in the parallel lane. . .to the front . .. then BLOCK THAT LANE trying to get into the backed up lane
    THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO BE PISSED BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO WAITED THEIR TURN WON'T LET THEM IN . . . . . Some in both lanes are like. . . He's an AHole but let him in . . .

This is how AHoles win and get ahead . . .. .

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL at Camaro using the turn signal to move to shoulder

1 person likes this.
  5. dabush713

dabush713 Member

I just like how there's a radio discussion about Lamar Miller. But seriously, this is on the Camaro dude. btw nice timing on getting that dash cam by the driver.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My point was simply that both of them were assholes. There's nothing that says one has to be right and one has to be wrong. They're both in the wrong. The Camaro driver was drunk and driving recklessly and the truck driver necessarily escalated the situation. There are no winners here.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sometimes you just have to let idiots pass so you don't run the risk of being killed.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is what I'm getting at. This stupid pissing contest will just end up getting someone killed. Let assholes be assholes.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Im not sure if rocket river was referring to the situation where there is construction and you got a big signal sign to merge.....and instead of being a decent human and forming one line EARLY as you approach it...you have the guys still climbing up to the sign and try to merge last second, causing a unnecessary delay. So yes i am the type of guy to block that lane of geniuses who want to cause the delay.
    As far as this video goes the camaro tried to bully his way into the lane and was in the wrong

1 person likes this.
  10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, this. This was that trucks fault in my opinion. He sped up to stop the camero from getting in front of him, and then intentionally went the same speed as the semi just to be a jerk.

Both drivers should not be allowed to drive ever again.

The left lane is for passing people. A huge amount of traffic congestion would be ended if people respected this convention.

11. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

That trucker is never going to try that counter-******* **** again.

12. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Truck driver I mean, just let the douche bag pass and move on.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Both were douchebags.

Camaro driver for tailgaiting and thinking the car is an All-terrain vehicle.

Truck driver for holding traffic in the fast lane.

I hope they both get ticketed and see a massive rate increase on their insurance.

Also, a better 18 wheeler driver would have realized what was happening around him and slowed down to let one of the cars get in front of him. Looks like that guy needs a defensive driving refresher as well.

#33 Zboy, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's not forget that the Camaro driver used his indicator for a lane change into the median.

That's All State Safe driving discount right there.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pickup truck was being kinda of a dick. But, the camaro started it, was the bigger dick, kept on being a dick even though he was beat and pretty much deserved everything he had coming to him. The pickup took a risk to pull his bit of tomfoolery, so I'm not sad he was part of the wreck too, even though it was completely the camaro's fault. Feel sorry for the trucker. It looked to me like he slowed down and the pickup slowed with him (either that or the guy with the camera sped up, though I don't understand why you'd want to be closer to a wreck waiting to happen). The truck driver has very limited options because he can't slow down or speed up very quickly and still be safe.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You never know when there might be a car in the median in your blindspot

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Where is the all of the above option?

Camaro driver was obviously reckless.

Truck driver was obviously being a dick.

18 wheel driver idiotically didn't realize the situation and or just didn't slow down.

Buncha assholes. Making us Camaro drivers look bad, although i'll be honest I drive a little reckless some times, but never anywhere near full drunken r****d like the one in the vid was lol.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The pickup was passing the semi at a very slow, unsafe speed. I wonder how crowded traffic was behind the car with the dashcam. Just look how clear the interstate is right after the crash. That pickup driver is creating a rolling roadblock situation and making cars crowd together by passing that slow. It should not take over a minute to pass two semis. That is ridiculous. They were essentially driving side by side when passing that slow. Pickup driver is an ******* and the Camaro driver is just stupid. As for the semi, he should have let off the gas a bit when seeing that stuff go on. Why would you want to be crowded around other vehicles when there is clear space?

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

For merging situations, it is best to use all of the concrete that is provided for your lane. If people wouldn't do what you described and instead let people in, then traffic would ease up further behind because you aren't constantly accelerating and braking being a dbag. Instead you create a gap and let your car just roll, with your foot on the gas lightly pressing down and then letting up when the car a few spots ahead brakes.

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Lot of assholes, here. Anyone that would buy the new Camaro with its impossible sightlines is out of their gourd, and anyone that thinks that the rear drive Camaro could handle that gravel at that speed is insane. Or drunk, as it turns out.

The pickup driver is an ******* here, as well. He stayed in the semi's blindspot for far too long just to make a point. He put the semi driver and his own life in danger even if the Camaro were a ghost car -- don't ever do that to a semi driver. They are professional drivers, and you're just a guy trying to show up some douchebag in a douche car (I want to love the new gen Camaro, but come on). Semi drivers run the road, don't stick in their blind spot and get out of the damned way.

Also, Mr. Dash Cam guy? Your phone call can wait. Don't talk on the phone even if you're hands-free. You're not good at it. Think of the last 100 times you've been angry on the highway at someone and gotten a look at them. How many of those times have you looked over and seen them either on their phone or pretending that hands-free is any more safer than talking with one hand up?

1 person likes this.