1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drinking Coca-Cola Around the World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pimphand24, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QRcqrz2LB30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty cool video thats hitting the interwebs. Makes me want to go run with the bulls in Spain. What would be your favorite country to visit?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is a nice attempt at a viral video by coca-cola.

I'm going to call McDonald's and pitch them this.

3. Raven

Raven Member

When Coca Cola stops using high-fructose corn syrup as a sweetener, I'll think about drinking their product, but giving up soda 30 years ago was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

4. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

How much money and time do you think you need to do something like this? Everyone wants to just get away but I would think you need alot of resources to make this happen.

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Twenty years ago last Wednesday I did just that. The week I spent travelling through France and Spain leading up to that event was the best vacation I ever took. Well, second best after the two weeks I spent the following year doing pretty much the same thing.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It says on Youtube he is 27,000 dollars in debt from the trip. Wonder if Coke will give him a little something to pay it off or just use it as free advertising. Well it looks fun though.

7. rawool

rawool Member

Good question, I am wondering this too. I took a month trip to Europe (visited 8 countries) that cost me around $4200; that's including my flight, Euro rail pass, hostels, food/drink, and other expenses.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They should also pay for his diabetes meds after drinking all those cokes.

9. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

This has already been done...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zlfKdbWwruY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You can get a around the world airplane ticket that would save you a lot of money. If you couch surf, I could see you doing this for 20-30K.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Coca-Cola around the world?

I thought there'd be some "Coke-in-such-and-so-country-is-nasty" etc etc. Because countries taylor the formula for cultural taste buds, so to speak.

Coke in Italy tastes more like RC Cola (do they even make that anymore?)

Coke in Brazil, my wife says it's less sweet and has more carbonation. She likes it but it must burn a hole through your throat.

Anyway, carry on.

12. eliefan

eliefan Member

Coke in Ethiopia tasted normal to me. It was unrefrigerated in a glass bottle. It cost 3 Ethiopian Birr (about 30 US cents at that time a few years ago).

13. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

A co-worker of mine said he knows the guy from another forum. Apparently they have been trying to spread the video around to other forums and such.

Supposedly he has been contacted by several magazines and also waiting on word from CocaCola execs.

14. TISNF

TISNF Member

$4200 including flights? Damn, that's pretty good. How far in advance did you book everything?

===

This also may sound like a dumb question, but how did he accrue so much debt? Not from the trip, I just mean did he take out a loan? Charge it on a card? $27,000...that's crazy! But well worth it.

15. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Hey Pimphand, we just had Running of the Bulls here in New Orleans on Saturday. I guess I should have invited you. Next time ;)

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Me? Drinking Coca Cola?

Yeah...I did. Today.

1 person likes this.
  17. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

If done right, international travel can be done very cheaply. This is a bit of an extreme example, but I just booked a December flight from Houston to Lahore, Pakistan (about 18 miles from India) for $497 roundtrip, including all taxes.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What airline?

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Gulf Air & American Airlines, so I'll be getting 20,000 AA miles as well...pretty much a free flight when you consider that.

The flight route is a bit of a pain (Houston -> Chicago -> London -> Bahrain -> Lahore), but for $500 roundtrip, I had to jump on this fare.

Here's a link to the FT thread.

1 person likes this.
  20. CowTownBallah

CowTownBallah New Member

wicked!