1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexler: "Everybody kept waiting for Magic to die"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 26, 2012.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

because i'm on clutchfans posting?

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/218112071240384512

We knew this because the REAL Clyde would have mentioned something about Magic being a consumate professional, night in and night out.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Clyde the Glyde right out the front door begs to be fired. Again.

4. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

This! Please God this. In all reality he had some points in what he was saying, but to be hating on an all star mvp snub 20 yrs ago-- come on man. If this can be used to get him out of broadcasting it may be the best news this offseason, depending on what goes down tomorrow.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Clyde trying to deny he said it.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ben Golliver
    Clyde Drexler denies recent comments critical of Magic Johnson: "I was one of Magic’s biggest supporters during that difficult period in his life and I take great exception to having such comments attributed to me. Magic and I have a friendship that goes back more than 28 years and I would never say such hurtful things. I have reached out to Magic to assure him that I did not say those things and to apologize to him and his family for even having to respond to something as baseless as this."

7. bloop

bloop Member

Clyde wasn't Jordan but he was like Robinson or Pat Ewing

All those guys would have been "all time greats" if they hadn't had the misfortune to be matched against Jordan, Dream and Shaq.

That quote, legit or not is talking about his physical skills and he's not wrong about those. Like David Robinson who was a beast specimen, Drexler was among the best ever in the NBA

I mean, if Lebron had to play Jordan in his prime with the full weight of Stern and Nike behind him, how many rings do you think Lebron would have won? Clyde was a great player. Horrible commentator like 90% of ex players... I mean, he's talking about Magic and Magic himself is atrocious on ESPN. Think a lot of the guys slamming Clyde only know him as a crappy color analyst and never even saw him play

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

http://www.jackmccallum.net/2012/06/27/behind-the-interviews-the-glide/#.T-ub4xdDzt9

^ Must read as it adds more context to Clyde's quotes.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

10. stab

stab Member

Remember when Selena Roberts came out with her tell all Arod book and released some snippits to the public before it was released.....

....yeah, me neither...