1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexler: "Everybody kept waiting for Magic to die"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Clyde comes off as such a nice guy. I hope he was somehow taken out of context (and he'd probably say he was if he's ever asked about these quotes).

Just shocking to see such a display of selfishness and insensitivity. He could use some perspective. I'm guessing he's not a big fan of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

As for the Jordan comments... can you get any more delusional...

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Is and always will be a complete moron.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Would you like to dance?

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I see nothing wrong with his logic. Maybe a bit blunt like my own but true.

5. Asian Sensation

Clyde's one of the nicest and sincere guys out there. He might not have the most common sense but I highly doubt he meant to cause harm when he said this.

6. Illegal Machine

I think this just proves to everyone what we already knew: Clyde is AWFUL with words.

Just awful.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

There's nothing wrong with his logic. The problem is based on the quotes, he comes off as an insensitive douche. The Jordan comments (which are NOT logical) don't help him either.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Than a box of rocks!

9. gah

gah Member

More Drexlerisms coming.

10. onreego

onreego Member

To be fair, Clyde was considered the Jordan of the west. And he has a great deal of pride so I don't expect him to admit to Jordan being superior to him.

As for the magic comments, when were these quotes taken? Because it may have been during the time that people were so ignorant about HIV that it has no relevance today. I'm sure Drexler today holds a great deal of respect for Magic. At least I hope so.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Drexler has a huuuuuuuge ego. I mean huge. He thinks he is an expert at everything, thinks he knows more about all the other sports as well, golf, football, etc. Good guy but nonetheless he has been warped by the fishbowl world he has lived in. Very warped in his own self-worth and egotism.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's right about waiting for Magic to die though. Back then most people thought HIV meant AIDS and AIDS meant death.

13. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Vintage clyde.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I love Clyde though. Yes HIV was thought of as a death sentence back then. Who thought Magic would still be alive to this day? Nobody right? In fact Magic is the sole person who changed your mind on this subject,

15. dmoneybangbang

Clyde was a truly underrated guard who could do it all. MJ was a better player obviously, but they are closer (in my opinion) than most people would believe.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

he found the cure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah Drexler is referring to that time when everyone thought getting AIDS was a death sentence. When he said "everyone thought he was going to die", he was merely stating a fact.

That's why Magic was getting the special treatment. What makes Clyde look bad though is the bitterness and jealousy you can see he still has about that.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A consummate professional, as usual.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Excerpt from his autobio "Clyde the Glide: My Life in Basketball"

#39 SamFisher, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  20. Granville

Granville Member

After his stint on Dancing with the Stars, Clyde said everyone felt sorry for Heather Mills and called her a half stepping biatch. Clyde then went on to say that he could do everything Apolo Anton Ohno could d except dance.;)