1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dream still got the game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Nov 27, 1999.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

I hate to admit it, but I actually cheered when Dream got out the game, because I knew Rockets would be playing much better with out him in the low post as the road block to the hole. However, all that said, lets not forget that Hakeem is a very talented player, STILL! He is just not used right for this team, at his age. Again, Rudy needs to make him a jump shooter who is WILLING to set effective picks for guards. He and Rockets will both benefit greatly that way. He will still be a defensive force if he saves more ennergy from the offense. DAMN! I wish Rudy would just leave. His so called loyalty is actually making a hall of famer looking really bad. It is just sad.

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.

2. Dude Ill agree that the Rox now have proof as to why they should never have Hak, and Bark in the low post together, ever again. Ill agree that Hakeem may be one of two reasons (Barkley) that the rox are still losing, due to their utter want to run nohing but the old Kick it in, and Ill even agree that its the Rox are clogging up the lane too much.

But I'll say I question any supposed Rox fan who cheered when Hakeem went out due to an injury.

A blessing in disguise, yes.( Maybe it would teach the Rox how not to be so needy of the post up offense) But to cheer after his injury.

Just pitiful man.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You cheered when Dream was injured..hmm....that is a shame.The Basketball God's will not be happy with you.If you dont watch it you may spend your next life as a clipper's fan.

4. Caveman

Caveman Member

I was not cheering for injury, but for a chance to win and beat Portland.

5. alaskansnowman

yeah caveman. hakeem has a great 15-18 foot jumper and we need to utilize that a lot more than his posting skills. we should post hakeem a little bit, but not a lot. we should focus on him hitting the open jumper and setting those picks.