1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond green, system player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 1, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrd I don't think its necessarily right either as all players need to be held to the same standards but you know how that goes. The leaches are much longer for the higher caliber players

Livingston said the magic words in his face. that's why he was ejected. He just got to that point and wanted to get thrown out last night probably bc of so much built up frustration.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Green has superior basketball IQ, very smart player. He won't do anything to risk his team losing the game. He's exactly the type of player you want on a team. He does not care about his stats, just wants to do whatever it takes to win.

3. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

You can definitely start a team with Draymond Green. You probably don't want him to be your lead scorer (though, he's showing he can score 20+ per when he doesn't have both Curry and Thompson taking shots), but that's different from him being your best player and franchise player. In today's game, I don't think Bill Russell would be an ideal go-to guy, but he'd still be a franchise player.

(And no, for the literal-minded, I'm not saying Green is as great historically as Russell, just noting that you can be a franchise player even without being a volume scorer.)

Green is a defensive anchor and someone who can improve the offensive games of the players around him. He somehow meshes the value of a defensive anchor big man with the value of a offensive team-improving point guard (even though he's not a prototype of either position/role).

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

They got screwed with three clear outbound calls, and the Livingston got hit on the head, too. GSW does get their share of calls.

5. spark06

spark06 Member

Draymond Green is not a superstar and will never be the lead dog on a championship team. He's best suited as a sidekick.

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Wish we could have traded Howard for Draymond Green LOL. I think we would have been a true contender with Green.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Nap, might be 7th, and get swiped by the Spurs.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is probably on par with this previous wrong theory

9. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Every team plays with some sort of system in place. Some great, some bad, some average.

Calling a player a system player doesn't make any sense. Add Draymond to ANY system and the team is better.

And for the record, Draymond is amazing. He's the 6th best player in the league in my opinion, and if I were building a team tomorrow, I'd draft him over Davis, Westbrook and Cousins. I don't think those guys can win championships (Davis perhaps, but if he is as dominant as he's meant to be, why did his team sucks so badly??? Elite players will at least lead their teams to winning records).

10. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Pretty much. If we had Draymond Green instead of Howard, we'd finally have a leader + someone that will tell Harden when he's *****ing up

and be a top 10 defense.

11. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

And if he's the best player, your team won't win many games. Lol. 6th best player. If that's true, today's NBA is garbage. T-Mac was right. Never thought I would ever say those words.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Where are the b****es that was Green's dick saying he was the **** and all that?! Draymond green ain't ****! Oh sorry ass