1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drain the Swamp: Scott Pruitt Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is why you're dumb.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY.

I know “dumb” is one syllable. To the point. Never use big words when small words will do. Avoid extraneous adverbs and adjectives. But sometimes, you have to go against George Orwell (and even Stephen King “On Writing”) and put it out there.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fun fact - which I had honestly forgotten

For a period of time I guess 4 years ago, @Rocketman1981 had a Durant/Colangelo alter ego known as @DwightHoward13

At age 37 he has obviously matured.

KingCheetah and Nook like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's a name I've not heard for a long time.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That smug look, it's like "Yeah I know I'm corrupt and what are you gonna do about it" wow.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So, you don't see the big picture? Fair enough.

7. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

When people can't attack the message and belief that Pruitt and Trump are bringing to our government they attack their purchases of pens and other nonsense.

The EPA has a nearly 10 BILLION dollar annual budget and we're worrying about pens and $43k spent (OBVIOUSLY NEEDED WITH ALL THE LEAKS) to have secure conversations??

This election is symbolic that most of you here are FASCISTS.

You have a belief system and it must be implemented and if others vote or want different you will use the courts and by any means necessary to
    eliminate this threat.

People voted Trump in because they think the government is a bloated bureaucracy and because they wanted JOBS.

He has given them both!

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I see a lot of hiring signs at McDonalds and Walmart. You know the know the next recession is coming around in next year or 2. It would make sense for Trump to improve government finances instead of just loading up on debt when times are pretty good.

BTW the republicans control the courts and all parts of the government so not sure what your point is. Also most people did not vote for trump.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Has anyone seen Rocketman1981 and RocketsLegend in the same room?

[​IMG]

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Really dumb.

London'sBurning likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Funnier do to the source:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

He can find more ways to leech off the American people...

White House asked Pruitt not to eat lunch at West Wing mess hall so often: report
    http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...tt-not-to-eat-lunch-at-west-wing-mess-hall-so

13. SamFisher

Incredible week for Scott Pruitt - 4 days in, 3 *new* , separate and incredibly embarrassing and humiliating scandals (any of which would be career-destroying in rational times) and his 2 top aides resigned, so more like 4.

Wonder what he's go planned for tomorrow!

This is the kind of rot that Trumpism consists of at tis very core. A pathetic, two bit grift by ham-fisted hucksters.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the "Pruitt uses the employee cafeteria too much" controversy is the dumbest one yet, it's like the media has a quota on this guy they have to meet and will run with anything

#74 Commodore, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  15. NewRoxFan

Four pages detailing Pruitt's corruption... and you pick at the cafeteria abuse. Direct and simple question... based on what we currently know about Pruitt, should he be asked to resign?

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no, he's the most effective cabinet member

17. NewRoxFan

LOL... while you set such a high bar considering trump's cabinet, I guess such clear corruption doesn't matter to you. Thanks for the ethics check...

18. SamFisher

Lol, why are you arguing with a nihilist/clown/troll whatever - there is no point, they can't be negotiated with, there is no discussion to be had.

Let him have his fiery incel future or just random kicks or whatever his endgame is - who cares? screw @Commodore (a sentiment he would probably agree with)

19. NewRoxFan

I actually like commodore's posts. I fully understand his purpose but he is also polite, respectful, and avoids insults and course language. Same with tallanver. We can choose to disagree, and even do so in a teasing sort of way, but we can choose to disagree with being disagreeable. Sure, someone that simply trolls can be a bit annoying, but hey, lots of people call me a left-wing troll.

I question why people continue to argue with people who insult and demean, even when (and especially when) those arguing against them are completely and proven wrong. That's what the Ignore feature is for.

20. NewRoxFan