1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic = Overated by Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ashes

Ashes Member

He played well. Is he overrated? Yeah, probably.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Dragic overrated... not even remotely. You see how happy McHale gets when he talks about him? puuuuhlease

Lowry just needs a new home. His times up in the H.

3. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

forgot about that.....

4. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Lowry is the better overall player when you consider EVERYTHING, like rebounding, ability to draw fouls, etc. Dragic has better point guard skills. Since both are adequate and only one is tradeable, there you have it.

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Chris crocker wannabe

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I severely underrated him.
    Didn't think he could run a team because I didn't think he had a good feel for the game, but boy was I (pleasantly) wrong.

When Jeremy Lin was going nuts in NY, not many stopped to think that maybe Dragic was just that good to make Lin seem expendable.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets have deal in place for Goran Dragic? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News &amp; NBA Rumors <a href="http://t.co/35zJbQT2" title="http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-draft-diary">hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-draft…</a> via @<a href="https://twitter.com/HOOPSWORLD">HOOPSWORLD</a></p>&mdash; Bill Ingram (@TheRocketGuy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status/218142434931118080" data-datetime="2012-06-28T00:43:04+00:00">June 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dragic is the better finisher around the rim..

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

never trust hoopsworld

10. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

anybody know what his numbers were as the starting pg? points, assists, rebounds, etc.

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Given the choice of Lowry or Dragic, I choose Dragic every time. Don't get me wrong, I respect Lowry and his abilities and have no qualms in having him as our PG. However, he plays like Steve Francis, meaning he will have a shortened career due to injury. Even a muscular little guy can't be slammed to the floor night after night without an adverse effect.

Dragic, on the other hand, granted with an occasional lapse, plays a more controlled game and runs plays better than Lowry. I compare him to Nash and believe Goran will have the same type of longevity playing at a high level. Dragic has a better all around shooting game and seems to get players more involved and eager to play as a team.

12. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

My thoughts exactly

Besides atleast Dragic can finish at the rim pretty good without running into the lane like Lowry with nowhere to go, while throwing his arms up and screaming looking for a call. I like Lowry but i hated when he would do that :eek:

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

He does a lot of things that would play well with a super star; like Parsons.
    Consummate support players.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, that burdensome contract of Kyle's is really ruining our salary cap.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Exactly. Dragic would have both eyes on the rim looking to finish. Lowry would have one eye on the ref.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I agree with the OP. Lowry is better. Some of you forget just how good Lowry was and only remember what Dragic did in March. I don't like how he went cold when we needed to win, but lost 7 games in a row. I believe some think Dragic has the face of a champion, but truth is Lowry has the heart it takes to win.

When the Rockets don't manage to get fair value in a Lowry trade, I believe we will lose Dragic in free agency. These past few days have hurt the Rockets image and I don't see why he would want to be part of this organization. The decisions of this organization (to be cheap when it comes to extensions) is what's hurting them the most. Lowry would be much easier to trade if Dragic was not a free agent.

Lillard - Blazers
    Dragic - Toronto
    ---
    Teague - Plan B for teams in need of a PG
    Sessions - Plan B for teams in need of a PG
    Marshall - Plan B for teams in need of a PG

17. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Dragic overrated? It isn't like he landed on any all-nba or all-star teams but certainly is a very good point guard in the league. I don't see how you can even call him overrated at this point.

18. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Personally I dont think he's too overrated. He's a special player. A combo guard that can run a team, plays pretty good defense with a deceptive athleticism and not to mention he's left handed (if that makes a difference). He's proven to me at least that he can hit big shots as well.

But honestly, I'd rather have Lowry at my point. I like the contrast of styles and especially when they play together, they are pretty effective.

19. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I think you are overrated.....

20. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

He mayyyy be overrated but he's still heck of a player. If Dragic is going to be our starting PG this coming season than I will be very happy.