1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic - Lowry, who should be starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Mar 22, 2012.

?

Dragic - Lowry, who should be starter?

1. Kyle

221 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Goran

118 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So Moe, what do you think of Kevin Martin as a basketball player? :p

2. houseofglass21

The same thing that happened to AB is happening with Lowry. AB went down with an injury and Lowry stepped up and took over. Now Lowry is out and Dragic has stepped up. I think Dragic should remain starter for the remainder of the season. Lowry won't be 100% for a while after coming back so he definitely shouldn't be starting games.

3. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I swear, people on here have the memory of ****ing goldfish. Three months ago, everyone was creaming their pants to put Lowry on the All Star team, and now he's disposable because his backup plays well while he's recovering from an infection?

Kyle is a known commodity. We know what he's capable of and what he brings to the table any given night. We have an 8 game sample from Dragic, and as impressive as it is, inferior point guards have put up better stretches than this. Did you already forget Darren Collison's performance while Chris Paul was out two years ago? And what is Collison doing these days? I'll give you a hint... it's nowhere near what he did two years ago, nor is it anywhere near what Kyle's been doing this year.

So how about we all just keep our dicks in our pants and enjoy owning possibly the best point guard duo in the NBA while we can?

4 people like this.
  4. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Agree 100%.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This. Some damn flip-floppers on this board. I'm glad they aren't part of Rockets mgmt.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not flip flopping Codman, it is called supporting a MERITOCRACY...where the better player wins the job.

You can disagree about who the better player is, that is what is going on here.

If Dragic wins the job while Lowry is out, so be it.

DD

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Dude didn't you say the same thing about Brooks and Budinger? And now look where both of those players are at. Goran constantly get beat on defense but his offense is a major plus. Hands down the starter should be Lowry and every sane Rocket fan knows this. Quit yappin and stop jinxing please.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I been wanting to say this but havnt now I'm convinced dragon>Lowry dragon can drive and dish and his vision in ridiculous playing behind Nash those years helped him he is also tenacious on D too he can create 4 everybody I love wen I see lee or parsons hit da corner 3 setup by dragon attacking and kicking it out to them this team has gell together and dragon is because of that our team is feeding off of him and his play not like Lowry when he would wine and cry and point fingers it ruined the rest of the team but now we found a spark and it's dragon

9. swordghost

swordghost Member

DD just can't let go what Lowry did to Brooks.

10. jocar

jocar Member

+1. I'd love to see that starting lineup, as a one-time experiment atleast

11. houseofglass21

I'm not saying Lowry isn't good. But coming back from a fairly serious illness and having all this time off not playing basketball will make it so that he's not 100% when he comes back. I don't think we should have someone who's not 100% starting games. Dragic has been playing consistently well and is in basketball shape. He should start for the rest of the season.

12. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

I like Lowry but he ain't no all star. Thought some of u guys were funny thinking he should be over tony as tony was burning it up before all star break. I've enjoyed watching the slick passes dragic ditches out and the fact that our PG is not ticking the refs off by crying on every single play (Lowry). Is it me or are we getting more foul shots now? On the Other hand u have Lowry that drives hard to the basket and that is god when everyone is pulling a Kmart and not scoring. Those drives is what we need to break the ice when they are slumping.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'd be fine with either one going forward depending one the scenario we are faced with going forward. But as of now Dragic and for the playoff should we make, Goran is the starter until otherwise.

14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Suddenly Gasol for Dragic doesn't look so bad anymore huh LA? I'm glad they didn't bite though, or we'd be stuck with Parsons at PG.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The problem with Dragic for LA is that his contract would have been up and wouldn't have been able to sign him back.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Oh and I go with Lowry all day. He may not be as smooth a passer as Dragic but he hustles like nobodies business and has shown that he can carry this team.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That makes sense. He was already on a bit of a hot streak when the deadline was approaching so I figured Gasol for Dragic plus whomever else (Scola maybe) would have worked out for LA.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It is completely a flip-flop. You all lose faith in a guy when he goes down with an injury/illness, and when his backup plays well, which is expected, it turns into a replacement argument.

It happened with Brooks and now it's happening with Kyle.

Statistically, Dragic is not the better player. He has had some great games. He only seems to be the better player because, obviously, Kyle isn't playing. If Goran was outplaying Kyle game after game and both guys were healthy, then there would be an argument.

From what I remember, they're both around 25 and Goran is at most 3 inches taller than Kyle, which may be the only thing he beats Kyle in.

DD, it's not a bad thing, but you flip on your "guys" all the time. You proclaim them as awesome players and then dump them when they're out with an injury or have a stretch of bad games. You know it. :)

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think the big difference is Lowry had a huge crowd of people who argued that he should start during Brooks' MIP season, and it's reinforced by the fact that the team has consistently been better with Lowry and a lot worse without him. And in games he has a larger impact than Brooks.

All of these backed up back numbers. Thus, when Lowry was finally given a chance to shine he blossomed.

Dragic on the other hand, as awesome as he is, is completely different. For a long time this season the team has been drastically worse without Lowry on the floor, Dragic never had the impact that Lowry had off the bench.

Lowry was arguably outplaying Brooks when he was on the bench, but Dragic hasn't done so yet.

Although I wish we could keep both, running a Lowry/Dragic backcourt would be interesting.

20. hahachui

hahachui Member

i love both of them,....what a difficult question..