1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Dragic Hopes For Return To Rockets, Wants To Be Starter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QazQay, Jun 21, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes. Absolutely. We're you actually watching the games? Did you see the difference between him and AB last season? We're you watching this season? Sheesh :rolleyes:

2. cod

cod Member

Udrih is a starting PG on many teams in this league.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

well seeing as the PG should distribute in a perfect world he would be the 5th and final option on a title contender...

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I did, and these are the questions I want to ask you. He didn't do well as a backup earlier this season.

5. cod

cod Member

Even when Dragic didn't look like he was clicking early on he was putting up very efficient numbers around 50% which is very dissimilar to AB.

6. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

DM needs to milk this as much as possible. Time to screw a team out of a really good player! lol

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey now, Brooks is back in the league next year, and at his best he is right there with Lowry in a different way....

Can't sneeze at 19 and 6.

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. crash5179

That's not a question it's a statement. Bit yes he did do well as a back up. He certainly did not have the same types of numbers he had when he was hitting 50% of his shots for 18ppg and 8.5apg bit he was still playing really good.

You can think what you want but Dragic has been very good since putting on the Rockets jersey.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

True, but for some reasons I tend to believe in Dragic's starter stats, if he's going to get the opportunity to play starter.

It is a quirky in his game, but whether in Phoenix or here, when he's gotten the opportunity for a bigger role and more, he shines, and it's not just a matter of increased minutes.

The difference was bigger this year, but he's gotten better as a whole every year anyway, and this year had his biggest starter opportunity.

I believe as a full time starter, Dragic can give you 15 points, 8 assists, 3-4 rebounds, while being very efficient, and involving his teammates better.

I believe Lowry can give you similar stats, but won't run the team as well and won't be as efficient.

Just my opinion.

That said, absent a draft day trade, you clearly try and lock them both up and maximize the value of one or the other through trade later.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

crash, to be perfectly honest, his game does improve dramatically as a starter.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3423/goran-dragic

See his non-starter stats. Much less efficient player.

Not that it matters to me. It'd be nice if he was equally capable as a backup and a starter, but he's not. But he IS very very capable as a starter. More capable than Lowry imo, but it is close to a toss-up.

11. crash5179

I was always an AB fan and know he can be a hell of an offensive weapon when his head is on straight but he completely lost me last year when all he did was pout and under perform. Dragic was a big improvement on both sides of the floor and a better passer.

12. crash5179

Yes that's what I said. His numbers were not as good as a back up as they were when he was a starter but he still played very well. His F/G % was down because he was not hitting his 3s early on but He was still playing good defense, pushing the ball hard on offense and finishing extremely well around the basket.

And even though his F/G% was down around .429 as a reserve it was still better than Kyle's and he was better finishing close to the basket than Kyle.

Plus he has 4 years worth of track record in the league. Over his career he is averaging almost
    45% F/G
    37% 3pt
    15ppg per 36 mins
    6.3apg per 36 mins
    1.5 steals per 36 mins
    4rpg per 36 mins

The guy IMO has already proven he's not a fluke. If he continues to play at his pace as a starter he is all star quality. If he just maintains what he has been doing for 4 years in the league then he is still outstanding.

13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Before Naismith USA had zero... I hear ya DD

14. DaDakota

I agree with that, Dragic is better than both.....I think Lowry and Brooks are on even footing just in different ways....Lowry a better facilitator and defender, and Brooks a much better scorer.

Brooks is a free agent, he would be great backing up Dragic.

:)

DD

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

How much money is reasonable for Dragic, do you guys think?

16. crash5179

If he has his head on straight and is willing to come off of the bench as a 6th man instant offense type then I would be all for it. I think he probably burnt that bridge though.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just pick one and trade him. I'm happy with either Lowry or Dragic, both are good players. Just can't have both of them.

18. DaDakota

I don't think Morey is the type to hold a grudge.

DD

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

but is brooks?

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Dragic is that kind of pass-first point guard teams always rave about, but somehow always seem to lose to free agency. I fervently hope he stays.