1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Dragic Hopes For Return To Rockets, Wants To Be Starter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QazQay, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

The Houston Raptors.. me like

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

If we don't find a center soon....let the torchings begin....I don't care who does it.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Such a strange problem to have at point guard. For a Rockets fan anyway. We have one too many starting PG's? We almost never had one.

Actually, though I'm high on Dragic from his growth spurt last season, these two guys are my favorite Rockets point guards since Calvin Murphy. (And yes, I loved Sam Cassell.) But I don't think either of these guys has hit his ceiling because though they are different players they are the same in that neither seems to believe in an end to his potential and so they are always growing and they are always becoming smarter and tougher. They are scrappy overachievers: my favorite kind of player. I don't think either guy has seen his best season yet.

Kevin McHale got lucky that Dragic turned it on like that. Because otherwise I have a hard time seeing the McHale/Lowry thing being as apparently lopsided as it is. To me it's just one more reason to dump McHale, whether we keep Lowry or not.

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Lowry LOVES Rick Adelman

Even after games where we played the T-Wolves you would see Lowry go up to Adelman at the end of the game. You can tell he missed Adelman

Oh Well

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Obama fan to ObamaFan: I miss Adelman too.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you just look at per-36 minutes and overall efficiency stats, Lowry and Dragic are almost mirror images of each other. Almost the same scoring, TS%, assists, and usage rate. However, Lowry was a better rebounder and slightly better defender from the metrics. But overall, I would rather put them as more or less equals. Neither player really separate himself from the other. They are on the same "tier" no doubt as players.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He is not cheap, would you rather him do Cato and Maloney contracts?

8. Hui

Hui Member

That is so true! But he did say its either him or Dragic. Both of them are good and have very similar stats!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Must spread some rep around before giving it to you again.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I understand this. It was a sarcastic jab at some of the other posters who think the Rockets do next to nothing right.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He ain't Kobe.

DD

12. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Lowry is not getting along with McHale. That's a fact.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I wish I could be more optimistic, but Dragic's good numbers are on a smaller sample size out of his inconsistent 4 year career. And it's right before the free agency period. He also didn't backup well earlier so he's well rested and well motivated(free agency money ahead and rare starting opportunity) for that 15 game or so spurt. Historically that's when bad long term contracts are awarded.

No matter how you see it, you have to make excuses to explain his sudden decline after the spectacular Spurs playoff game, and his incapablity to backup Lowry well earlier last season.

Lowry on the other hand, has been consistently good and improving throughout last few years.

Maybe I'm too cautious and I could be wrong. I hope Dragic turns out to be worth it or even better.

14. DaDakota

I think Lowry regressed over the course of the entire year, and he has never had an entire year as the starter.

To me, Goran and Lowry had similar stats, but Goran finishes above the rim, makes better passes, and is a much better athlete, and is not short.

Kyle is a gritty hard nosed competitor, but he is still not a great athlete, still short, and still not that quick laterally....

I think if you are trying to build a team with high upside guys, you take Goran 100 out of 100 times.

DD

15. haoafu

Lowry rushed back from the injury, and his first half is good enough to be in allstar discussion.

Lowry is as tall as Chris Paul, and Dragic is no more athletic than Stuckey. I don't see how that directly relates to upside. Not to mention Lowry has his own phisical advantage.

16. DaDakota

Lowry is not Chris Paul, he doesn't have his handles, or touch.

What physical advantage does Kyle have exactly?

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who was the last Slovenian PG that was very good?

Udrih? Not really......what are the odds?

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

What advantage? Getting shot blocked all game while trying to force fouls in the paint?

19. DaDakota

That is funny, when was the last good PG for Canada before Nash?

DD

20. haoafu

He's not Paul, and neither is Dragic.

Strength.