1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DraftExpress] Top European Performers of the 2011 NBA Draft Class (DoMo mention)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Didn't scola play against better competition? I would think that would skew the comparison.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I liked donuts alot more than morris as a prospect because he has rare size to skill ratio. I don't think morris can or will be anything but solid because he doesn't posses any special traits. Donutsmay be a boom or bust, but he has more skills to become a boom.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How so? He played at the highest level in Euro ball for years. Now he's playing at the highest level on the planet, but with bigger rebounding numbers.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Raw rebounding stats in Europe is less because of their lower number of possessions and possibly other factors I'm not aware of. But when sports people say "translate" here, it's not copy and paste of stats. But rather more the idea that if you do something well relative to your peers at your current level, you tend to do similarly well at the next level.

Rebounding has always been one skill that players from college and overseas tend to retain when they get to the NBA. So one can extrapolate his Euroleague stats to NBA stats in a fairly confident manner. OTOH, there are other stats that may not translate well. Like scoring ability.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree. Morris has a lot more to overcome. His short arms, too much of this tweener argumentation going thru his mind.....his lack of explosiveness
    He is very limited however if he realizes his potential he can still make one or two allstar appearances in the very least

DMo has the tools to be a monster version of Bargnani

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I am going to trust you. Not because of your consistent analysis of players or because of your good reputation here, but for the simple fact that you used the word extrapolate.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Only posting only because someone said dmo threads were drying up

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Stop bumping threads for no reason

jbasket likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.