1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DraftExpress] TMAC to Detroit

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, Aug 7, 2010.

1. RyanB

RyanB Member

da best :grin: :grin:

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

PUT YO HANDZ UP--PUT YO HANDZ UP--PUT YO HANDZ UP FOR DETROITTT ---- I LOVE THIS CITTY :grin:

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think Van Gundy figured Tracy out early on in their relationship and realized the only way to get results was to handle him gently. To me, JVG was a genius who knew he was stuck with a soft diva and did what he had to in order to win. Had he called McGrady out he would have crumbled and it would have been Orlando all over again.

1 person likes this.
  4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

You mean rather than hitting him with a stationary vehicle... :grin:

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ill bet you $20 to the tip jar that he does not finish the season.

ill bet you $20 to the tip jar that he does not average over 10 ppg next season.

ill bet you $50 to the tip jar that he does not average over 15 ppg next season.

take your pick TOF - put your money where your mouth is!

1 person likes this.
  6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You got it all wrong. JVG was very supportive of T-Mac, even after JVG left Houston. The year we won 22 straight, JVG was saying T-Mac was the 2nd best guard behind Kobe and the best playmaker that isn't Steve Nash. He would get in arguments with Mark Jackson while defending TMac. Honestly, I don't think they ever had a problem. And we're talking about JVG here. One of the most hard nosed coaches ever. I believe he knows T-Mac better than any of us.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

LOL, it is pathetic.

Remember what Tracy said last season?

1) I am gonna put my name right next to those big free agents (LeBron, Wade) - FAIL

2) I am not gonna work out for any team - FAIL

Maybe it would be easier for him to retire...

2 people like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T_HoXa5i3g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2T_HoXa5i3g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why would he keep supporting tmac even 5 years after he left whenever tmac is brought up in a telecast? or in interviews that he's done regarding rockets?

i think JVG truly appreciated tracy for what he did for JVG when he was there. poor talent regarding role players, and he knew he asked tmac to do above and beyond his job description and tmac did that for the most part.

so no, you're wrong.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He hasn't been there long enough for that to count on his record. :grin:

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If Adelman had just given the man a chance instead of only playing him 7 minutes, he would be getting a max deal right now instead of the minimum. F you Alderman.

3 people like this.
  12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Stucky/Gordon
    Hamilton/Daye
    Prince/McGrady/Jerebko
    Charlie/Maxiell/Wilcox
    Wallace/Monroe

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

If he had any athleticism left, he wouldn't have had to settle for a 1-year minimum contract. Unless his agent REALLY sucks.

It's sad, but I think this will be T-Mac's last year in the league -- and chances are he won't make it all the way through.

One of the funniest things I've ever read on ClutchFans! So it's Adelman's fault? And D'Antonio's, too, I guess? Whose fault is it that he didn't really look that impressive in his tryout with the Bulls, Thibodeaux's?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What is even funnier is watching someone totally miss out on sarcasm.

DD

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

D'OH! Seriously? TheFreak, if you were being sarcastic, you reeled me in.

However, if you were serious, you reeled DD in. ;)

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

JVG wants another job in the league. So he needed to show he's loyal to his stars and gets along with them.

17. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Oh, yeah - That's it...
    tmac has Adleman to blame for his current plight 'cause he didn't play the player that you still blindly have a crush on :rolleyes:

Wake Up & smell the muscle balm, Freak! tmac will NEVER be the player he once was. s/he threw that out the window about the same time that he took the summertime off from properly rehabbing his scoped knee, wanting to get in shape by playing NBA games and the domino effect that followed, climaxing in the micro-fracture surgery announcement that made it impossible for his she-ness to be traded for his cousin.

Are you a Rockets Fan or would you rather shed a tear listening to Celine Dion - to go along with you other Diva love?

I am a Rockets Fan and do not believe for one nano-second that our Coach (one of the longest tenured and most successful coaches in the NBA) would deny a player from playing that would help his team. Ergo ... (you can lead a horse to water ...).

So when you say 'F you Adleman', I hope your alluding to your name, Freak.
    But either way, our Coach can do w/o the desires of your 'shemac tainted' 'taint.

18. PeppermintCandy

It would, but he's not, and I have to admire him for that.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,it is unfortunate.Even with all his physical and mental health concerns/softness,he played effortlessly at his best.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You just admitted to admiring TMac.

Enjoy the scarlet letter you have earned from the TOH community.