1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Jitters

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rhester, Jun 14, 2001.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Webber will not be in a Rock uniform! We need someone to DEFEND the paint, a SF and a backup to cutino. 1. Draft a center-the thought of cato-collier is sick. How about S.Hunter, S. Dalembert or B. Haywood @ 23
    2. Best SF-R White, P Gasol, J Johnson.
    3. Jefferson would be great behind cutino, he is only 6'41/2". 4. Re-sign moTaylor he's got offense. WE MUST DRAFT SOMEONE TO INTIMIDATE UNDER THE BASKET!!!!!! Is there anyone in the draft that will do that? Remember K Johnson is 6'-9" ish

------------------

2. Falcon54

Falcon54 Member

Jefferson, 6'4.5- are u sure about those measurements? he was listed at 6'9 in college. So I think he is at least 6'7. same with K. Johnson, he lists at 6'11 according to chicago camp.

------------------

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Webber will not be in a Rock uniform!

Based on what? Until he makes a decision, please stick to only facts, or at least label your opinions opinions...

------------------
    "Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Also, we have a backup to Cuttino. His name is Steve Francis. How is Mooch supposed to get his 20-25 minutes per game if Steve doesn't play the 2? A backup 2 does nothing but improve the way the Rockets lineup looks when you make a depth chart. We don't need one, and I'll bet my moniker (like HP's game [​IMG]) we don't even consider acquiring one. Now, we may have a 4th PG or SG on the roster like Sean Colson last year, but the only players receiving significant minutes at the guard spot barring injury will be Steve, Cuttino, and Mooch. Bank on it.

------------------
    "Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

5. rhester

Latest I've heard is Webber leaning toward Orlando, If we get him great but he is not an intimidator in the paint. CBS Sportsline Chicago Draft Wrap Up reported Jefferson at 6' 41/2" and project him at the 2.(Though he definitely can sky) Ken Johnson listed at college @ 6'-11" and I've read he is more of a 6'-9"-6'-10" PF. But I like him for his rebound and defensive heart. (Same source see above)

------------------

6. mfclark

mfclark Member

Ken Johnson officially measured in at 6'11" at the Chicago camp, so that's not only his college height.

And I looked all over the CBS Sportsline site, they don't have a wrapup from the Chicago camp up. Doesn't matter since Jefferson didn't play there and the measurements and such from those players haven't been released yet.....

------------------

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So someone with the Magic organization says, "I heard Webber might want to play here."

Reporter standing nearby jots down a note: "CWebb hot for Magic."

ESPN: Report: Magic have Webb wrapped up!

See how this starts?

------------------

8. rhester

MFClark, My apology, the site I saw was Sportstalk.com/ Chicago pre-draft wrap up.
    I've been to every w-site I could find for updates and workouts reports. The height I saw for K Johnson was on a profile report. If he measured 6'-11" at Chicago then LET'S DRAFT HIM because he can definitely fill a defensive need in the paint and he should be around @ 23.

------------------