1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft intel from fairly reliable sources...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Apr 28, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ha ha because the texas a and m connection? kubes supported the kicker! ha ha. I thougth atm had a decent WR as well? maybe he gets drafted by ravens.

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

If this turns out to be true, I can't wait to watch Manziel annihilate the Texans for their stupidity when he plays them.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like VY in his homecoming game, right?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not if they want the better all around player, imo. Anthony Barr all day.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And the mythical Reggie Bush annihilation game.

6. JazzLakerHater

Haha yeah right. Gary HATED publicity or extra attention to his team or players.

7. Remii

Remii Member

So you're assuming Clowney will he the 2nd best pass rusher in the NFL when he only had 3 sacks in college.... Lolzzzzz....!!!!

Clowney isn't even a better prospect than Mario when he came out. You guys are funny.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I predict that whatever the Texans decide to do, Summer Song Giver and IBTL will declare it wrong, say they are done with this team and vow to never watch another game again.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah, you're jinxed dude.

I actually agree with you. Rick Smith should have been banished among the Kubiak crew. But really, if he has anything in his corner its "I found JJ Watt" boom automatic pass. Even with the failed 2nd round and beyond picks. Obviously McNair feels he gets one more chance with that one huge gem.

I honestly don't see Johnny becoming this awesome version of Fran Tarkenton. IMO, he's going to come in like VY take the league by storm because of all the hype and then flame out in his 3rd or 4th year.

Watkins and Mack I believe have the best chance at becoming All-Pro material out of this draft class. If we had any balls and didn't find a trade partner for #1, we would go against the popular opinion of the mass public and take either Watkins or Mack at #1. Now that's ballsy.

10. Aceshigh7

Oh yea. I definitely was cheering really hard when he stuck a dagger in the Texans' hearts on this play. Franchises (and their fans) deserve to be punished for idiotic decisions..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RUukfA5ugtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

How in the world was taking Mario Williams over VY an "idiotic decision?"

I have no faith in the Texans whatsoever. I think they're milktoast and that trickles down from the top.

I wanted them to take VY..and I lamented them taking Mario. I was wrong...they were right.

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Best news I have heard today

No way we plan on getting Johnny and we will trade back and get more picks

13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Did you inquire about the other qbs?

14. Aceshigh7

I disagree. Williams had two really good years, and three mediocre years, after which the Texans jettisoned him. But what really hurt this franchise with that pick was not Williams' lack of production, but the fact that by picking him and not opting for a QB, they stuck with Carr for another year, and then Schaub after that, continuing the trend of mediocre to sub-mediocre QB play that this franchise is known for.

15. MadMax

Wait what....so had they taken VY, they would have gotten stellar QB play? or even better QB play than they got from Schaub. That's nuts.

Mario was an all pro...he was the best player at the top of that draft, and he filled a need for a team without a real significant pass rusher.

16. Aceshigh7

He did not fill their biggest need, which was a decent QB. And yes, VY would have given this team more than Carr & Schaub did in the next few years. VY was an all pro too you know.

17. Aceshigh7

What I'm getting at, is the QB is simply a much more important position than a defensive lineman.

Look at my Cowboys. One of the worst defenses in recent memory, but one of the best QB's in the league in Romo. That gives them a legitimate shot at reeling off wins if things happen to fall right.

Those Carr, Rosencopter, Schaub years of the mid-2000's? Y'all had almost no chance of winning due to not having a decent QB, no matter what the defense did.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Watkins huh....???? Hmmmm.....

I've been saying Watkins is the best player available in this draft from jump and you and many others threw rocks at me... But that's cool :)

19. MadMax

On no planet was VY anywhere near as good as Matt Schaub. Schaub had his limitations...but VY was out of the league while Schaub was playing well.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not true at all.

If you go back and search my posts that was one thing we actually agreed upon.

Everything else, well we know the rest.

I would search for it but I'm terribly busy at work.