1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Draft Express] Okafor/Ariza to Wizards for Lewis/#46

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsMAN!, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

Ariza's a good player. Too many Rockets fans hate on him for not developing into a superstar. That was a long shot anyway.

The Wizards desperately needed a starting SF and big man. Both only have 1 year to go on their contracts after next season.

Wall, Mack
    Crawford
    Ariza, Vesely, Singleton
    Nene, Booker
    Okafor, Blatche, Seraphin

It looks like Blatche might be the next guy they get rid of if they can.

2. cod

cod Member

Calculated? I'm not so sure.

Eric Gordon only played 8-9 games due to injury. If that hadn't happened and Dragic weren't as good as he was the Rockets could have been ahead of the Hornets in the draft order.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They get injured so frequently, they'll be beefing up the bench.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The Hornets are expected to buyout Rashard Lewis. Lewis would become a free agent and look to sign with a contender, according to sources.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am pretty sure that he just dismissed the Rashard subject and moved to predicting a Lakers - Rockets trade.

6. cod

cod Member

Lakers need to add players but don't even have the MLE. A vet min guy like Rashard is exactly the type of players they need to gamble on to fill out their roster.

It's well known Morey has the hots for Rashard.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is open to interpretation. I prefer mine.;)

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no one can DNP like Rashard Lewis, he lead the league in DNP.

9. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

If the Magic did that, they'd be admitting they made a mistake drafting Dwight Howard in the first place. No chance.

10. Garner

Garner Member

Wait, what?

So, did Utah make a mistake in drafting Deron Williams?

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, this is certainly a move to get to the playoffs this year. I generally like teams competing rather than continuous tanking, but Washington's another tank-year away. If say Gilchrist/Beal turn out well and they have another top-10 pick never year, that's when I think you go for players like Okafor and Ariza.

12. delishman

delishman Member

Oh man the most blatantly incorrect thing I've read all week. Dwight is the best center in the NBA and a perennial all-star. Okafor is a role player. There is no way any rational human being could come to the conclusion that by trading an All-Star for a Role Player they would be in any way admitting they made a mistake on draft night. If there is any truth in this world it is that Dwight was a better pick than Okafor. Their mistake was hiring Otis Smith.

Bad trade for the Magic btw. They'd be adding a ton of salary and having a core of Emeka+TurkeyGlue+Nene+Jammerical+Beal. 10th seed anyone?

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Wall/?????
    ????/?????
    Ariza/?????/Vesley
    NeNe/Booker/Vesley
    Oakafor/Serpahin

Wiz are stacked at front court now. I think they should avoid Robinson and Drummond. Wiz need perimeter help so Beal or Barnes would be perfect.

Hornets with Davis + 10th pick + extravagant cap room + ?Eric Gordon?. DAMN!

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

While I agree that a shooter is needed, I don't think the Wiz are exactly stacked in the front court. They're okay; they were the 2nd worst team in the NBA last year and upgraded by adding a marginal starter from another terrible team.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

So once NO amnesty's R.Lewis, I'm sure the Rocket's will swoop in and pick him up for a low risk/high reward move right?! Oh geez.. one more week till the draft!!!

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

First I heard N.O was willing to give their 1st rd pick to shed either of those players.

They got away with a highway robbery.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That move would be super sh!tty as it would mess with the development of Parsons at SF or one of our PFs. Also, Lewis would want to sign with a contender.

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Wait....the Rockets aren't contenders?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Contenders for 8th seed.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Surprised so many people see this as such a bad trade for the Wizards. I feel like both these players are pretty trade-able next season, when they'll be expiring. Pretty two high quality players for nothing. And now that the Wizards got rid of some clowns, I think the locker room will be altered and the young players may actually have a chance to grow, as the team should now be able to play something that more closely resembles basketball.

I know it's not the CF-endorsed team-building practice of refraining from making any upgrades to your roster until you get the #1 pick in the draft, but I don't think it hamstrings their future much either.

1 person likes this.