1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft 06': Bush or Draft picks?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Luckyazn, Jan 1, 2006.

?

What do you want?

1. Draft Reggie Bush

148 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. Trade #1 pick for extra picks

29 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So Davis doesn't get through holes? This teams problem is pass blocking, not run. If an average runner like Davis has success, imagine what the highest rated prospect ever could do.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If you beleive the hype, then go ahead. All i know is the chargers turned 2# picks into 3 pro-bowlers, you do the math.

3. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Why not trade Davis for a couple of picks then? When it's all said and done, I bet you Bush will have a better career than DD.

4. leebigez

That might be true, but then again you might trade Davis and he becomes preist holmes. Remember he was traded after they got Lewis. You can get more value for that pick than Davis wouldn't you agree?

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

always keep your options open. the strongest component in any system is the one that's most flexible. no reason to commit to anything just yet...and particularly not before you hear what other teams are willing to offer.

6. twoface723

twoface723 Member

You may be right. But if I were Texans, I'm probably thinking Bush will put fans in the stands. I think Bush is a risk I'm willing to take.

7. leebigez

I dont want people to think I'm hating, but I'm just saying for once they are in position of strength. In the expansion yr they wanted this "franchise qb" but couldn't protect him. I thought they should take peppers or trade down but they drafted carr. The next season i wanted to trade down if possible and maybe get Boldouin whom the experts say ran a 4.7 but he was a playmaker. They took Johnson, but Anquan has been the better player. In that same draft they found a rb in the 5th rd name davis who would have had his 3rd 1000 yd season with about 50 catches. When a team is sorry like the texans is and will be, they need quality players pretty much everywhere. Offensive and defensive lines, secondary and everywhere. If you look at the playoffs, the teams with the best fronts are the best teams, period. I like Bush, but frankly i dont think thats a position the texans need to upgrade with Davis and Wells.

Think about this: If they can parlay that pick into the ot,a 2nd rd this season and a 1st next yr. If your scouting and personnel is strong, you'll get high quality people to improve your team. This isn't basketball like when Shaq,Duncan,Hakeem and Jordan came out, football rarely has 1 player differnce makers. LT couldn't keep the Chargers from having the #1 pick 3yrs after taking him eventhough he had a 100 catch season under his belt. It wasn't until the defense , o-line and drew brees and gates got good did they make the playoffs last season. This season the sacks went up and so did the to's and now they're outside the playoff picture.

8. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

In John McClain's latest audio report after the loss to SF he's seems almost 100% positive that the Texans will draft Bush. It's on the frontpage of the Chronicle.

9. leebigez

e wins.

The only thing that put fans in the seats are wins. If you're selling point is seeing a guy touch the ball 20 times a game and lose, the novelty wears off. In houston during football season there are 2 many things to do besides watch a sorry football team. This season should have taught them something.

10. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Great News. :cool:

11. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

So was 'RIP' on the Astros, so don't go beleiveing everything on the front page of the chronicle. While I totally believe that they will draft Bush..its totally a matter of what they might get offered for him, as far as a trade goes. Nobody knows who our coach is going to be and how much personell power they might have. Its totally stupid for people at this point to start complaining about Casserly and what he is going to do with draft picks. Can we please limit the Bush draft topics and at least know for sure who's going to come out and who is going to be making the decisions for the Texans.

12. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

McClain was the first person to break the story that Casserly was staying this afternoon. I would put some stock in what he says versys some other sports analyst. That being said, you are right in the fact that we don't know what will be offered for Bush so drafting him isn't 100%, but I think it's close to it.

#32 sabirk, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Maybe we should trade DD and Carr for OL help.

Draft Bush and sign a vet QB like Brad Johnson until next yr or so.

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

15. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I honestly can't even believe we are even debating this crap. We are taking Reggie Bush, and if we don't i'll become a cowboys fan and will disown the texans.

If anyone tells me, we shouldn't take Bush, I simply ask them. Have you seen him play? Its as close to a no brainer you can have in a draft. Unless, of course, you don't have a brain. :)

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I have not seen anyone coming out as good or a hype as REGGIE BUSH since I dont know when.

Passing up on BUSH would be like passing up on LEBRON!

17. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

That's a huge IF right there in the Texans case...

I'm all for drafting Reggie Bush, but I do believe he's a tad bit overhyped. I will reserve judgement until after the bowls are down ... as well as the combines.

18. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Can someone do a picture of Bush in a Texans Uni. I saw this on ESPN and it looked awesome. Thanks in advance.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Couldn't we get a pro-bowl caliber lineman for Domanick? Me thinks so....

Get it done. (Please fire Casserly though :mad: )

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

no matter what happens with reggie.. i really really really hope the texans go out and sign a QB who is capable of actually leading this team to the playoffs.. not a total world-beater.. but someone who we can trust to actually PRODUCE.. not a guy like Tony Banks..

I think David Carr can be the next Drew Brees if we play our cards right.. Brees was in his 5th year with the same team before finally being proded by the drafting of Rivers to produce.. maybe Carr's 5th year will hold the same..