1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dr. Clanton or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One thing I like about Budinger is that his shooting numbers got a lot better in the latter part of the season.

I did a quick calculation based on the data below, his TS% was .511 before the All Star break, and .590 after.

He's not much of a foul drawer, though.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/budinch01/splits/2010/

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Rep'ed. Thanks.

My perspective on the Rockets for this year is exactly as yours: appreciate what they do have and just enjoy basketball.

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Great post as usual!
    I'm going to do the same as last year sit-back and enjoy the growth of the younger players and the growth of the team. I do not worry about future injuries it won't help.

1 person likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't notice that. Good call.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think this will be a fun team to watch; I kind of like the underdog label. I am very impressed with the second team which will be a huge factor in an 82 game season. There is more talent around Yao overall than any time since he has been here. This team has players who can actually make shots; that's something relatively new. This team has size. When did that sneak in on us? In summary, I don't have high hopes, but I have hope. This is an entertainment business, and this bunch should keep us interested.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

You pretty much have to spread some rep around before giving it to the The_Yoyo again.

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Wanted to bump this because of the early season failures. This is it in a nutshell right now for me. Pretty much the reason I've stayed out of the gameday thread and off the chat. The only thing I will say is I'm kinda disappointed hill hasn't gotten more minutes.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Having pure love for the Houston Rockets and basketball in general is good... and that's one thing. But settling for medocrity i will never do. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  10. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

This (but I'm not sorry). A losing team is (by very definition) a team of losers.

11. Zfan

Zfan Member

Very good read. Articles with quality like this make this forum special. That's why I like clutchfans.