1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DoYou Agree It Should Be A Fun Few Games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Dec 21, 2005.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Anyone else think like me it will be sort of fun to watch the Rockets with their reduced lineup? I'm not saying it isn't fun to win a lot , but it can be fun to watch a patched up lineup try to win.

What will Lonnie Baxter do if given some playing time? Maybe the new OKla State guy will get some time? Can Tracy score 40 plus a game or average 30,10, 10 when he has to? Will JVG try to win by playing ugly ball and keeping the score in the 70's? Does this mean 45 minutes a night for Wesley, Bowen and Juwan? Can JVG adapt or does he still think he has Patrick Ewing and the 1980 something Knicks? Will Swift be asked to be a Patrick Ewing clone when he doesn't have the base strength to box anyone out?

I like the playoffs, but there is more to being a Rockets Fan than watching the playoffs. It might be real interesting. It reminds me of when the Rockets had Steve and Cuttino and nobody else.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yes. In which case, it will not be a fun few games.

3. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I kind of see what your saying.

I would use the word "interesting" for now, the jury's still out on the word "fun" for me. ;)

4. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I say the Rockets just run

T-Mac and Swift will thrive in a quick offense

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

"fun" ?? you're a sick man. more like ugly...and scary...

6. haven

haven Member

Am I the only one who thinks that there isn't an offense on the planet that Swift would thrive in (oh wait, there are...like college, and the Hungarian 2nd Division...)

But in answer to the original poster, yes, it might be fun. If only to see if McGrady can top Kobe's 62.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I take it back. Not "fun". How about "interesting"

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

It would be more fun if rafer was back on. If we knew we would have no chance at winning, wouldn't you love to see rafer bounce the balll off someones head? followed by bruce bowen pulling down their shorts? and then have stromile dry hump them? yeah you would enjoy that you sick freak, wouldn't you? you like that godless unpious man on man action don't you? DOn't YOu you sicko? you disgust me.

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I don't know, it's kind of like cheering for the under dogs, you go in with low expectations when they pull it off it's the greatest feeling in the world. The first 45 win season in Francis's second year (pre - Yao, pre - ear infection) was one the more enjoyable seasons as a Rocket fan for me. You start with a team with low expectations, no respect from any body, a little of us against the world attitude, pick up a few wins here and there then all ofa sudden the season very strong and allowed fans to dream.

"Boy, Steve and Cat are going be the new Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars" and "man, Rudy just keeps picking these gems from the CBA, this Moochie guy, how many clutch shots did he hit for us this season, he wont win it but he should be in the running for the 6th man of the year, along with Mo - T, boy what a bargain at the league's minimum."

Talk about innocennce lost :D