1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Down go the Aggies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Sep 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. drapg

drapg Member

First OU, now A&M.

Unfreakingbelievable!!!!!
    :D

Hook 'em!

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

TCU.
    Clemson.
    Louisiana Lafayette.

Which one of these things does not belong?

3. drapg

drapg Member

No one said anything about the level of competition.

Its just a good day, that's all! :D

4. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

And you can easily see why. :D

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I didn't go to either school, so I always root for both A&M and UT. I was hoping the Aggies would hang on for the win, tough loss.

I do despise OU and Bob Stoops though so it was great to see them go down. And that it was to a team from Texas just made it all the better.

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I think we more than make up for it next weekend.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What the hell was Fran thinking not going for 2 on that last touchdown? You're up by 1 and you kick the ep to go up by 2??? What's the difference between being up by 1 and 2? Was he afraid Clemson was going to win the game on a safety? That was a horrible coaching decision.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. After those 1st 2 drives of the game, A&M should have been up 14-0 instead of 3-0.

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah, which was the point of my post. You haven't played anybody yet compared to these teams.

If you're 2-0 after next weekend, feel free to strut around mocking all these other teams until you keel over and die with contentment.

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Ah, I thought you were referring to our scheduling, not the strength of our victories.

Yeah, next weekend is huge. A loss could very easily end the season as far as national championship aspirations go.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Oh I will. Believe you me I will....

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

dear jesus, oklahoma state almost lost to division I-AA montana state. I was at that game and can safely say that OK St. is going to suck donkey dick this year.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Hook 'em, baby.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

me and my buddies were at the UT game for about 30 mins, total. phenomenol seats on the alum side (50 yard line, 30 rows up), but the entertainment factor fell off after the score got to about 35-3.

at least a friend of a friend won the Chick-Fil-A for life FG.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yes Aggies lost... :(

But I'm still happy as hell right now because of my TCU win! Way to go Horned Frogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The loss really puts a damper on the season. And whats with the all the fancy option plays? I love option, but cmon Fran, im holding my breathe on each pitch. The fumbles are gonna accumulate if they stick to that offense. Recievers couldnt catch S$#T! You go for it on like 4th and 6 but dont go for 2? What the hell is that! And Martellus Bennet looked small. Its frustrating because TAMU won't be this talented anytime soon. Unless McGee is that good. On the positive side Jason Carter played like a man, the fullback looks good, the D-Line is solid, and Justin Warren might be something special.

16. Fatty FatBastard

Just be sure to get your guns up and you'll be fine.

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

I was thinking the same thing, but I went to UT so it is all cool. :p

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Now that the Aggies lost maybe Kirk Herbstreit will quit riding their jock. I never quite understood why he thought they were going to be something this season.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It's a long season guys, and conference play hasn't started yet. I wouldn't bury OU or TAMU just yet.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

These losses are going to hurt UT's strength of schedule so I don't know why a UT fan would be happy. The North is inept enough we don't need the South going south. With the strength of the South before yesterday, UT could have lost but played well at Ohio St. and still had shot at a National Championship. Now they have to win that game, I believed they would anyway, but now its a must win for a N.C. shot.