1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Some don't want to live in a world where you can't doubt insiders.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

DonKnock has these doubters stressin...keep it up

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't know what your post was, haven't read whole thread and am not up to date on the debate.

But of course anyone would be right to worry about the Celtics, under any circumstances. And they brought their A-game. We won because our A-game is better than their A-game. I was worried about Denver, the Jazz, the Celtics... So many great teams and anything can happen on any night in the NBA.

But while it was right to worry we might lose to Boston, what I've come to start saying about these Rockets so much it's almost a mantra at this point is "these guys just refuse to lose."

So there's rational worry on the one hand and irrational faith based on our record which has not been a rational record at all. Rockets are thwarting all expectations. I'm going to be shocked the next time they lose because (happily) they seem to have forgotten how to do that. It's freaking thrilling.

D-rock, hakeem94, DreamShook and 4 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

see @DreamShook . . . THIS is how you blame the doubters. ;)

5. Batman Jones

Yep. Not just some, a lot. A lot get off on telling people they're full of it. I guess it makes them feel superior somehow. It's boring, tired, played out, and has run some of our best posters off the board. Those that doubt people like cyberx, Doc Rocket, Clutch, etc, are, as Bill Hicks used to put it, "like gnats on a camping trip."

When I see someone post "why should we trust cyberx" or someone like him I immediately mark that poster for a fool that isn't ashamed to be ignorant on the internet. It doesn't get me all het up like it used to do. At this point I just find it boring and tired.

6. heypartner

Batman Jones doesn't want to live in a world where you can't blame insider doubters. :)

#646 heypartner, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fify

8. Batman Jones

Truth.

Still... FOR ME (and I'm only speaking for me) part of being a super-fan or a fanatic is having irrational faith in your team's ability to win all the way up to the point it's literally impossible.

When things look bad in a game this year I get worried, of course I do. But mainly I am at peace because I remember that this team continually pulls off the impossible.

That's just the kind of fan I am. Maybe it's wrong to suggest that someone that doesn't have that homer/irrational faith isn't a super-fan. But it's the way I've always been with the Rockets.

I always believe. Every season I have believed, even when the chips were all down and everything was against us. I never give up on winning a chip until we're actually eliminated. Right up to that point, every single year, I believe we can win every remaining game. And every year when there are prediction threads I predict the Rockets will go 82-0. I only ever adjust my projection after a loss. And when I do, I only adjust it by one game. So if we lose one, my prediction of 82-0 morphs into a prediction of 81-1. If we get down 3-0 in a playoff series I always believe we will win that series by winning out, 4-3. And so on.

It's just how I am. I don't need any other fan to be that way. Fans come in all shapes and sizes and all have their own ways of rooting for their team. I don't need anyone else to share my irrational optimism.

Except maybe this year. At this point it's irrational NOT to be optimistic. If you're a Rockets fan, it's irrational NOT to believe they're going to win it all.

When Jeff Van Gundy goes from saying GSW are clear favorites to GSW and Rockets are TIED in likelihood to win it all, when it is his job to have an objective take and the job of fans is largely to be overly optimistic (that's what home court is for), I think it's time to stop doubting our team.

Even the most anxious worrywart of a fan should be able to see that by now. It's been proven. They've been proven. If you're a Rockets fan and are still doubting this year's Houston Rockets I have a very good therapist I can recommend. No joke.

D-rock, hakeem94, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I don’t drink;)

D-rock, mikol13, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  10. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Where's my sorry for not winning the championship for the last 23 years? Yeah...that's what i thought.

11. heypartner

Good. I don't want to live in a world of drunken doubter outers

D-rock, hakeem94, DreamShook and 4 others like this.
  12. heypartner

There has only been 22 years of not winning. 23 yrs would have to include this year. Are you doubting us already?

D-rock, hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Sorry(Property of Rockets4lf)

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We’re still on this? Whatever bro I don’t care about CyberX or his insider status I just don’t by into it... and it doesn’t even matter.

I’m just here to state my opinion and talk with other Rockets fans... and enjoy the good times we are having right now as Rockets fans.

I didn’t buy into the Joe Johnson rumors mainly because I just didn’t think it made sense and didn’t really match up with anything Morey has done in the past. I was wrong we did end up signing Joe but honestly I still don’t think the move made sense or was needed.

But at the end of the day the Rockets are on a 15 game win streak and the best team in the NBA so I ain’t mad about any of it! Hell if CyberX is Daryl Morey himself more power to him!

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<---- This. Don. Does.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I expect a big doubters game tonight :eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Batman Jones

"We're" still on it? I was replying to YOUR post. :confused:

Every time you say you've been wrong less than cyberx, which was exactly what you said, I'm going to correct you because you have it backwards.

This has been going on long since I signed up in 99 after lurking for about 3 years prior. The insider-doubting is constant, tired, and played out. And it runs off our best posters because they get sick of having to prove themselves when they've been proven and have been endorsed by Clutch himself as the real deal.

You only make yourself look silly when you say you don't 'buy into it.' If you don't buy into cyberx as an insider, that is only ignorance. It's like not buying into the moon landing or not buying into the fact that the Rockets won two championships. It's a settled matter. It's not an open question. It's resolved. It's a known thing.

That you're behind in understanding that is your issue, not anyone else's. And it's just silly to make a post saying you don't believe in him and then as soon as someone replies you say "We're still on this?" No. We're not still on this. "We" already know about cyberx. You're "still on this." Nobody else is.

D-rock, hakeem94 and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I was amazed how people were crumbling and giving up when the Rockets were only down by 3 with 5 mins left in the game..

I could understand being down by 10, but it's not like they haven't scored 10 in under 2 mins time after time this season.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lotta doubters tonight but who cares? they are ants. ANTS I say. :p