1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Know Your Role

That's good, it means your on the right path.

Free your mind Marky. Embrace the coming post Harden rebuild years.

2. mightybosstone

He was awful. I get it. I watched it (or at least up until the point where I could no longer stomach it sometime in the third quarter). But the whole freaking team was awful. Capela, Gordon and Anderson were a combined 5-26 from the floor and scored a combined 21 points in 90 total minutes. They shot 29 percent from the floor as a team and got outrebounded 60-27.

It's a team game. And while Harden is the star of the team and is responsible for so much of what they do offensively (frankly too much), to put 100 percent of the blame on him for what was a complete failure of the team is a little asinine. There was plenty of blame to go around, and they all deserved to be ashamed of themselves. But it's a new season, dude. We can either dwell on the failures of the past and the complete ineptitude of one game that was played almost six months ago, or we can move on and hope the team—especially Harden—gets better and learns from their mistakes. I choose the latter.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Know Your Role

I understand, I don't want to dwell. I want to win. If I'm seeing the same mistakes being made I have to say something. I do over react, it's part of being a veteran Houston sports fan.

I don't know what it was aside from said ball movement, but the play last night and against the grizzlies set me off.

We should be dominating opponents, regardless of how stacked the west is. We've got an amazing roster. I'm talking 20 point wins. Games over by halftime. Zhou and Bobby Brown in the entire 4th quarter type of domination. I wouldn't be so damn hard on the guys if they weren't capable of it.

5. Know Your Role

Kobe also the second coming of the MJ so this is simply a bad game for one of the greatest. He rebounded from that and had an incredible run over the next 7 years. Harden has a top ten list of horrible playoff games lol.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Seems like you've had an imaginary discussion in your head of things that I haven't said but whatevs bro.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Know Your Role

I am blessed with a great imagination. Imagine a team of hard working players who don't quit or crumble under pressure. [​IMG]

Also, use your imagination to picture how to be a man and not use emoticons.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. mightybosstone

Dude, it's a five-game sample size, and they're 4-1. And the core of the roster may look the same, but when you actually break down the 9-10 guys who are getting minutes every night, half the team is completely different. There will be some growing pains, and all of this is happening while Paul is sidelined. It's certainly your prerogative if you want to freak out the first two weeks of the season, but I really don't see any point in it. The team today is not going to be the same team we see playing basketball in March and April. And if it is, then something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

It's a long season, man. You've got to be able to ride the roller coaster.

Edit: And I may not have been watching Houston sports as long as you, but I'm 30 and I've grown up watching Rockets games since I was 7 and witnessing Hakeem beat down Ewing and the Knicks in 94. I live and die with Houston sports franchises as much as the next guy, and I fully understand the ineptitude of sports franchises in this city (all the more reason to be excited by the Astros). But as much as it kills me when these teams struggle, I don't let myself freak out in the first two weeks of a 5-6-month season.

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  9. Know Your Role

I'm with you.

It's the Warriors wearing on me. They can't be reasoned with. They can't be bargained with. They won't stop until D'antoni takes a frustration time out and Oracle Arena plays 'it's like that remix'. The high fives, the bro hugs. The older raver chick dancing... We must end it, we can end it. James has to be the one. No one else in the league has a chance.

mightybosstone likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe had 4 of the worst games of his career in the finals against the Detroit Pistons, so there is 5 total games for you that took me 2 seconds to come up with. I wonder If you remember the real Kobe Bryant, or just the Jesus media version we are fed constantly?

Game 1. 10-27!
    Game 2. Good Kobe
    Game 3. 4-13!
    Game 4. 8-25!
    Game 5. 7-21!

Shaq averaged 27 and 11 in that series with dominant percentages, but Kobe kept jacking.

Second coming of Jordan huh? Hmm...

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  11. Know Your Role

His failures off court far outweighed his on court failures. Of course I would forget that, the super lakers were not very super. Still proud of Boji for the Mallone play. The guy played though the bad times, he worked his way out of it. I haven't seen James do that enough until this summer. I will say he put in good effort to get back on track. Would like to see more and more importantly see it working for him in game.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Mr Chuck Norris

sooo...which joke account is this... Pounder? Mr. Motieunas?

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Mr Chuck Norris

And Kobe is Def not the second Coming of MJ

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>Wade

That's Kobe's territory

14. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i believe this is DD's second account

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I apologize for doubting Deshaun Watson.

He is truly the G.O.A.T.

Makes Tom Brady look like “Special Officer Doofy” in “Scary Movie”

[But I haven’t watched NFL games since about week 3]

Congrats

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Know Your Role

Yeah it's a gap but there's no one in between them at that position. The closest thing we've seen to MJ not named Dream was Kobe.

17. MONON

MONON Member

Come on Man! Let's be realistic here. I know you hate anything less than 110% effort & to loose a game. I also would like to have Greene &/or Leonard as a Rocket. They are great all-star players. But to have them instead of Harden is ridiculous. Who runs the team for 38 minutes then? Certainly not 3/4/5 or 2/3/4 combo. When CP3 returns, we will have the facilitator to help Harden run the team.

As for the Philly game, in addition to CP3, we were without Nene & Ariza, That means we were playing with only 5 players from last year's rotation. Now to MDA's credit, he did play a 10 man rotation against Philly. One was just signed the day before. Another wasn't a part of this year's 9 man rotation & the other 3 we're still infiltrating into the system. You have to have patience - which you obviously don't have any more. You aren't the only one though.

I like the pos' I see & feel the neg's will taken care of with a healthy squad. Anyway, we won't see our playoff team until at least the AS break.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

On the heels of the Astros win, @TheCat drops a doubter apologist manifesto:eek:

:eek:

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@DonKnock liked for repping Ben.

Kobe didn't have some awful series because he didn't 'bring it'. Kobe had an awful series because the Pistons had a defensive game plan to stop the triangle offense. The Pistons stopped the most dominant offensive strategy in all of sports yet people want to blame the Lakers? The Pistons were like our Astros, they went in and took that championship.

They had about 12 principals they seemed to stick to and it worked. I keep hoping Jeff Bzdelik studies what they did and implements that defense against the Spurs and Warriors. If you disrupt the timing and get back on defense quickly with all 5 guys each and every time, you can beat their dominant offense.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

his best podcast episode of all time,

DonKnock likes this.