1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I shudder to think how these guys would've been during the classic Clutch City years in the midst of the dark days. They would've been throwing Dream and the rest under the bus and running them over flat.

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

How in the hell did I not make the list ! Haha ! I slipped by this time :) lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Round 1: Anderson Doubters held accountable, but proven right. Gordon doubters probably disappointed. But most doubters fall into round 2 and round 3. MVP doubters eating crow I think.
    Round 2: Morey and D'Antoni strategy doubters will be held accountable, but could be right. We see.
    Round 3: Will be blind homers vs. doubters, as only the true homers believe we have a chance.
    Round 4: We all become believers. All doubt removed.

#343 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Aight I'm out for 3 weeks.

5. HTM

HTM Member

Sure, because you can't he has been a massive disappoint in the post season in the biggest moments and in the biggest series (Port/LAC/GSW)... I wish it was different but he has... he was awful today too... can't have that from your superstar.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another fine effort from @DonKnock , thanks guy!

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You said that Harden is not that good at basketball. Which takes ignorant, knee jerk posting to a whole new level of stupid.

Now, you're trying to move the goal posts to save face. You could just take the smart route and own up to it and say "Sorry, I let my emotions get the best of me and posted some highly irrational crap on an anonymous message forum that even I know isn't true." and be done with it.

BigMaloe, Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

I'm actually not moving the goal posts he put my post about Harden not showing up in the playoffs in here as a "doubter" post... I don't think Harden has shown up well in the playoffs in the more competitive series.

Harden was really bad today... so I said he was bad at basketball ... big deal. Like that means I hate the Rockets or Harden or something. Maybe y'all are this ones who should relax... isn't the dude suppose to be chill?

I'm not going to be a sugarcoating homer idiot who acts like Harden can do no wrong and does no wrong.

"this is so pathetic.... Harden is such a bum in the playoffs.... amazing how folks defend his playoff record... he NEVER shows up in the big time.... oh good job vs. Dallas in 2015.... Portland? Nope LAC? Nope GSWx2? Not enough OKC? Nope"

Trying to call me out for this? How is this incorrect? Did you watch these series? Did our superstar Impress you? I and rationale fans saw him absolutely not show up/lift his game in the big time. I can't think of any games Harden took over or dominated ala LMA or other stars have done in the playoffs. I can't think of any huge 4th quarters where Harden carried the team or became any unconscious shooter. I remember lots of groaning.

#348 HTM, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. Tha_Dude

I'm perfectly calm here however I do grow tired of all the negativity in the game threads. It's cringe worthy stuff and makes me not really want to comment much during the games anymore.

Through the first three games of this series, Harden averaged 38.7 PPG with a TS% of 66%. LMA never had a span of three consecutive games in the playoffs where he was that good offensively, neither has Curry, Lebron, Duncan,Kobe, Dirk, you name them. Yes, Harden is not as good defensively as some of those other guys are but what he's been doing for the Rockets at the offensive end so far in these playoffs has been historic, you won't hear about it on ESPN though because they have Westbricks dick shoved so far down their throats over the triple double madness that it over shadows everything James has been doing which is unfortunate.

He had one off game today, his first of the series and this whole forum goes ballistic over it before the game was even over. He still ended up making one of the biggest shots of the game at the end and helped seal it up for the W. He also came out and said he's playing on a sprained ankle. But, does any of that matter to some of the knee jerk posters here at clutchfans? No, which leads to even more stupidity such as some of the threads you're seeing in the GARM right now about how James Harden isn't in shape or doesn't like to run.

SMH, can't imagine how this place would look right now had we lost the game. :eek:

10. HTM

HTM Member

The topic of how Harden has performed in the playoffs has been discussed ad nauseum over the years on this forum. There are tons of threads on it. Some people think he has been great.... some think he has been terrible... he has been both but IMO over the years he has not elevated his game in the playoffs like you need/hope your superstar would. Some really really bad performances and some pretty awesome ones too.

It's not just numbers... I've seen all of the games... I've been disappointed in how Harden has not raised his game in the more competitive series to lift his team further...

I hope he proves me terribly wrong but to see your superstar just do absolutely horrible after you've seen it several times before in big games... is frustrating.. Is he a horrible player like I said in the game thread? of course not... but the years of Harden not showing up and dominating in the biggest moments of the playoffs like we need him to is very frustrating.

11. what

what Member

James Harden has gotten plenty of love from the media, all I hear about is James Harden. But numbers aside, I fear Lebron and Kawhi more than I fear Westbrook or Harden.

You can't, at one point, dismiss stats when it is convenient: westbrook, and at the same time use stats to prove that Harden is better than Kawhi and Lebron.

Again, I'll echo was Marc Gasol said: stats are ruining the nba, and I agree with that.

12. Tha_Dude

Did you read the posts from the person I responded to? That poster made the claim that Harden is bad at basketball, then he back peddled and said he doesn't elevate his game in the playoffs, both claims are factually incorrect and I was just trying to point that out to him is all.

I also agree with Gasol on the whole stats are ruining the NBA thing, and I've honestly felt that way for a long time now. Longer than Harden has been in the league.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. what

what Member

I think the reason James Harden gets criticized so much is that the rockets have a lot of bad playoff shows in the past, coupled with the fact that he insists on having one of the largest usage rates in the nba. When you take damn near 25 shots a game and you don't win, you are going to get criticized.

That said, Harden's team is winning a lot this year: thus why he is one of the top 2 or 3 players with a real chance at the mvp.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. what

what Member

I didn't. I just know that (from the outside looking in and especially from a grizzlies point of view), harden gets a lot of attention.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

SO, so happy to have made the list! lol

My friends, we are not playing well, at all, but I should have more faith in the Rockets.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

When reading through the Don Knocks list I kinda started panicking and doubting myself on whether I wrote something compromising because some of those comments seemed to be thoughts straight from my head in the moments when rockets would play lethargic :) or even some of the thoughts on rockets even before the game has started. :D
    Luckily enough one needs not identify oneself with the thoughts and may treat them only as clouds on the sky or offerings on a lifeplate you may choose to entertain or not, to act upon them or not...

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Quoting quoting game thread reactions to pretty embarrassing ole defense seems legit.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I never said they were gonna lose tho, I had the rockets in 5 from the beginning. I said they don't seem interested in the playoffs bc of the starts and the layup drill they keep giving OKC but I guess I'm overreacting lol sorry for expecting more from my team.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ClutchFans be like

[​IMG]

HP3, topfive, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's cool, literally nobody fears Conley