1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dotel & the Tired arm syndrome

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Aug 28, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Major and I have disagreed on whether Dotel is still pitching as well as he was earlier this year.

It seems to me his fastball has lost a bit, and straightened out some, making him less effective.

He gave up a lot of homers in July, and one so far in August.

Has anyone else noticed something wrong with him?

DD

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Never mind make that 2 homers in August now...

(Sigh).

DD

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

His fastball just doesn't have the same movement to it, he's shown before. Usually he slings it and hits corners, and when he throws it high, it usually sails up and batter swing under it as it continues to gradually sail above belt high. His slider has been hanging lately as well, so that makes his fastball that much more easy to track.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, if Jimah would keep his starters in for more than five innings, Dotel wouldn't be tired...

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if Jimah had starters who were worth pitching more than 5 innings, i'm sure he would.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I would be more concerned about his slider. Why isn;t he using it as much as he did earlier in the year. Last night he did nothing but pump 95-96 MPH fastballs until Burnitz hit the HR. McGriff didn't come close to hitting his pitches. I just question why he threw nothing but fastballs until the pitch after the Burnitz HR.

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Dotel always has his times of utter suckiness, he'll bounce back. I had him on my fantasy baseball team for most of the season but dropped him a few weeks ago, and suprisingly no one picked him up.