1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    Not entertaining enough to be with Stephen A and Max
    She’s stuck to the game commentator
    With
    Hand down man down

2. Mr Chuck Norris

I thought being a w**** was empowering to these women nowadays

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude stop defending Harden flagrantly. Why to **** does Harden have to have these WWE shoving matches on the other side of the court on a god damn inbound play? Why not run to catch the ball inbounds like a normal guard would do instead of just standing and hoping the refs blow the whistle? Harden does this so often in late game situations. Glaring example would be the Smart incident against the Celtics a couple of seasons ago and that was the season where Harden was probably in the best shape of his life and he still refused to move his feet to get open on inbound plays.

And a lot of the insults thrown at Doris Burke is abject sexism such as calling her a w****. Why the **** would she be a w****?

I swear to god half this board goes crazy the moment someone criticizes Harden the slightest. Harden was holding on to CP3. That is undeniable.

javal_lon and napalm06 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

Someone watches too many IDW youtube channels.

5. fchowd0311

How do you know she is "biased" rather than just having a strong opinion on a single call? I've seen national tv announcers be really adamant about singular no calls or calls. Burke also defends Harden plenty of times most notably calling out Bill Simmons for "cheap assists".

God damn some Haedenstans can get so easily butthurt. I understand, Harden does get his fair share of attacks by the media due to his plsystyle and this makes our fans very edgy and easily triggered.

Williamson likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll admit I've had a hard time getting used to Doris doing NBA games. And, at first I thought this was just due to her being a woman. But, she's truly atrocious. I really think she tries way too hard to compensate for this, resulting in a forced/fever pitched, manic mess. Now, when you add the fact that she's a paid shill for the League...AND her own personal agendas...
    Well, we saw the finished product in all it's glory yesterday.

s3ts, ROXTXIA and napalm06 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's ageist

Jontro and KingCheetah like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

vintage then?

B-Bob and KingCheetah like this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Harden was trying to get separation, and CP3 was holding him. So yeah, Harden used force to move away..but the initial foul was on CP3 tangling himself up in Harden. Doris sounded very disappointed with Steve didn't agree with her. I have no problem with female commentators. The lady who does MLB games is great. All opinions about the quality of broadcasters are certainly subjective, and Doris just isn't my cup of tea. Certainly some of that is because of how clearly she feels about my favorite team, without a doubt.

francis 4 prez, s3ts, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You can only make it so far on looks alone.

Jontro and ThatBoyNick like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's clear as day paul had both hands wrapped around harden's lower back. right hand right below the H and left hand right below the N of his name. even more clear is the repulsive bias boris continues to display and he should never be allowed to work another rockets game till the day he dies

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Burke expressed admiration for many Harden plays throughout the game, as well as his passing. She expressed frustration with some of his tricks for forcing a whistle in his favor. She also called out Chris Paul’s under the belt hit, referring to him being ejected for doing the same in college.

On the whole, I don’t see it as her having a personal dislike of any player. She for sure has her biases in terms of the type of basketball she likes to watch, and the types of plays she thinks the game would be better without. This is not all that unusual, for commentators to be opinionated, even for national TV.

But that’s how it goes — if you’re too opinionated and the opinions skew against a particular team on balance, you invite the ire of that team’s fan base.

I do hope all the ugly sex-based comments (attacking her looks, her age, calling her a ho or w**** or b****, etc.) don’t back to her somehow. But I guess in that business you need to develop a thick skin about stuff like that.

jelanit and Williamson like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I do not find Doris Burke to be an enjoyable commentator nor do I feel any kind of moral or political imperative to make myself appreciate her to promote women. I promise there are plenty of women out there that could do a better job
    than this woman that people try to peddle for the hall of fame.

She's intelligent, experienced, dry, unmemorable, awkward, and she and I rarely agree on a single opinion. Name a big Doris Burke play call that people quote or remember. It doesnt exist. Thats all there is to it for me.

Reggie Miller is the ho.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

To all, no sexist comments, please. There are a couple brutal ones in here and we are better than that.

My thoughts on Doris Burke... She's very good at her job. She's very intelligent on all things basketball. She's horribly biased against Harden and the Rockets and I think that became evident with how she called Harden and how she called Dort.

TWS1986, K mf G, ElPigto and 11 others like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The only way Harden can quiet his critics is winning a title. The close of yesterday's game was an awful comedy of errors. The players plus the entire coaching staff should be embarrassed. I don't care to listen to Doris but she didn't give the game away, the Rockets did.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Get me Javie, NOWWWW. STEVE JAVIE, tell these fat **** bozos at home how egregious that foul Harden did to CP3 that didn't get called was!!! Steve Javie -- umm, that's a foul on Paul, fam?

She said "Dort" maybe 600 times in 2hrs.

MadMax, Patience and pippendagimp like this.
  17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Idk what play it was, but doris dork sounded like she wanted to fckn cry cuz the rockets were getting the call. It was a play that was under review and she sounded so pissed !!

Fck that old hag..

yeah I said it.

18. tochiee22

This right here... she was gasping for air, sounded frustrated, like she fckn had money on the game or something. Totally unprofessional... just say you hate the rockets dork!!!

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Congratulations, I guess.

Really agree with Clutch's take.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. tochiee22

Maybe she just need some D in her life...
    My man Jeff van gundy needs to give her the pipe and have her show some respect to harden and the rockets