1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I swear to you we always lose when this hoeee yaps. :mad:
    How did she still have a job

2. Theking

Theking Member

w****

Jontro likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i feel for you guys. i was fortunate enough to hear ackerman & bull tonite in lieu of that magnificent b*stard boris durke

Hakeemtheking and ParaSolid like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can't stand Burke as an analysis, but this is awful.

Clutch, Gakatron, fchowd0311 and 4 others like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Uncalled for.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

But she is horribly biased.

bj3175, Hakeemtheking and s3ts like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Her old ass just hates the Rockets it’s not just harden.

s3ts likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

She is one of Silver's Archangels! She definitely doesn't like Houston. I think there are alot of things about the organization and the way it is ran that alot of people would despise. I think she is definitely rooting for Chris Paul and for him to get his revenge.

FrontRunner and s3ts like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

CF making it on twitter

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

doris is a handsome old man

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

The people who are climbing all over to defend her are just ridiculous to me.

Just because she's an old woman doesn't mean she has 0 flaws. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she can't be criticized -- she's in the freaking public domain.

Calling her names or whatever is to each his/her own. But she's terribly terribly biased towards CP just like all the other media members in the most unhealthy manner.

If you hate Harden, fine! You can have bias, fine! But if you're a media member, I'm going to criticize the shitty bias if it's blatant on a nationally televised NBA game. I honestly don't care who it is.

I'll say it again, I criticize terrible officiating or announcing whether its from a man a dog a cat or a woman or a ****ing chimpanzee. I honestly don't care who's making what calls. If the person in question is biased against Houston, I'm gonna be biased against you.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

If it is a team's home broadcast crew, it's expected. But on a national tv game, where she represents ESPN, it is unprofessional.

She loves Russ though. When he's healthy and get back. It's a gamble how the commentary will go.

[​IMG]

I doubt anything she says changes the mind of people here, but it was distracting while watching the game. I don't necessary like to the mute, because I still wanted to here Mark Jones on the play-by-play.

Her being on national tv also shapes the way non-OKC/non-Rockets fans (and sometimes "analysts") see the game.

#193 TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm offended you think women fans of the Rockets wouldn't take offense to Doris' bias against the Houston Rockets and James Harden, as well as Doris' obsession with anything associated with Chris Paul.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Round 1 Game 3, HOU vs OKC
    Chris Paul foul on Harden with 24 seconds left in regulation, here's Doris' remarks:

After reading all of it, yes it doesn't sound that bad. But watching it, you can tell Chris Paul was instigating the whole thing and wanting the call blown his way. Doris is squarely on the side of Chris Paul as the foul was initially called against him and she fights very hard to build an image like Harden is definitely also at fault when it's a Rockets ball on the in-bound.

I've seen controversial plays before, this isn't that crazy controversial as Chris Paul did not have to be that close to Harden on the defensive, and his arms were clearly wrapping Harden prior to Harden doing so. He also really trips Harden, but flails making it look like Harden is taking him down which is clearly not the case.

Doris also has a tone in this quote that's, again, very much in panic as she thinks the refs made a mistake calling a foul on Chris Paul. This is unmistakable, and it is clearly a bias against Houston/Harden.

#195 s3ts, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i have never ever heard an announcer freak out like that about a call. she was begging steve javie, like he was the actual ref or something, to come up with some way to give harden the foul (which would have fouled him out by the way). as if the issue wasn't that the refs thought it was a foul on cp3, but that they thought it was a double foul and just needed a loophole to call one on harden and she was gonna figure it out for them. i have never seen a national announcer lobby for a call for a team. and as mentioned, cp3 was doing exactly what smart did. he was just gonna hug up on harden and fall to the ground at the slightest contact to see if he could fool a ref. trying to reward that would be as stupid here as it was when tony brothers rewarded it with smart.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Let me ask you and everyone else this -- can you still be considered a good announcer when you're biased in favor/against a particular team in a matchup?

Isn't there something called integrity that must be preserved? Or can that be thrown out the window because... people think this announcer does a good job presenting things about the players/coaches/teams that the audience seldom knows about during the game?

D-rock likes this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

She has a job because we always lose when she yaps.

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

She was freaking out as if she had 100 grand on OKC.

D-rock and francis 4 prez like this.
  20. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

This B needs a C in her A.
    - Brooklyn 99 reference