1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donuts joins his national team training camp!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Normalus, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No. I'm not expecting anything in the NBA from this euro-softie. I welcome being proven wrong but I just don't see the fire/ the passion in him.

I kinda hate the guy.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is still only 23 I think he will be a championship level rotation player.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Game already on THERE, sorry forgot to bump.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

not sure if serious?

well, if u are- then if u are gonna dream, dream BIG

i retract my hate for him now that he was not serious about the eating separate thing.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lithuania versus Australia should be competitive unlike what's been shown so far.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Pls we will crush DMo and the rest of the players who he eats with.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Like lithuanian, I wish that Australia win tomorow. Cause they are already overrating themselves, we need to lose now before we get KO in main tournament.

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Next game in 45 minutes. Link didn't changed.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Lithuania won 91:78
    Donuts 10pts (4/6 FG, 2/3 3PFG), 7 rebs, 2ast in 24min

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo is a good player, he just needs consistent minutes, the guy has a ton of potential and will either reach it in Houston, or somewhere else in the NBA.

DD

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I've been pleased to see his improved 3 point shooting this offseason. He needs to focus on the corners and forget the wings for now.

12. try

try Member

D-Mo's passing display was pretty impressive today. He could easily have had at least 4 assists. Especially impressive was how quickly he reacted when Valanciunas had good post position and threw a pass that was right on target on multiple occasions. Motiejunas might be our best entry passer, of course his size helps.
    Another point that can't be repeated often enough: Everytime he's included in the offense, the ball moves. Quick decisions, screens, cuts, he just makes things happen. Mr. Anti-Sticky.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

D-Mo is Ryan Anderson 2.0

14. CertifiedTroll

Except with Rudy Gays efficiency.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I agree. Comparing him and TJones, I've always thought that the majority of Jones' offense was a direct result of what Harden or Howard made for him.

DMo feels different.....he creates offense. He has flashes of brillance, both as a scorer and creator. Same on defense...flashes against guys like Nowitzki and Randolph.

It's like everything is there for him to be a very good player.....we're just waiting for it all to come together. If I could ask for two things from him this offseason:

1) Learn how to stay on the court. He's averaging 5 fouls per 36 minutes. This is the biggest thing holding him back right now, IMO.

2) Develop a reliable 3. He's a career 27% 3 point shooter. Unlike Jones, he doesn't have a mechanical problem or slow release, so it's just a matter of reps. If he can get to 33 or 34%, then teams will have to respect him and the whole floor will open up for our offense.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I completely agree with this. I'd add 3) to increase his lower body strength. He gets pushed around and to the floor way too often in and around the paint. That'll help his fouling issues too I think.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of TJones strength with this roster is that he doesn't need the ball.

Donuts does, but he certainly deserves it in my opinion. He should be the first option with the second unit. Post up Donuts and shoot 3s...

18. chandlerbang21

No he needs to be great from every spot around 3pt line

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

role players don't deserve the ball. ;)

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's a part of it as well. Even in summer league you could see him getting pushed around. You can tell he's put on weight, but he needs more.

I think I figured out the main difference between DMo and TJones......one acts like a role player (TJones), the other doesn't (DMo).

TJones always plays within himself. He knows his limitations, and plays to his strengths.

DMo's approach is totally different. He plays like he doesn't have weaknesses. He's aggressive, compared to TJones' passiveness. Those type of guys either flame out, learn how to become a role player, or become good enough to justify the role they demand. I have a feeling DMo will become the latter with time. He needs to take a big step forward this season, though.