1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donte Greene is finally getting it

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T-Slack, Nov 26, 2009.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I've been checking the box scores, he's been putting up some pretty good numbers in the last couple games his team has played. Yahoo says "Greene has averaged 20.3 points in his three starts this season and 5.8 points in eight games as a reserve." I'm not posting this saying he'll turn out to be a star or anything, just saying maybe the trade is looking better for the Kings a little bit, in that he's proven he's not a scrub.

And heres his numbers against the Knicks last night. I know its the knicks but still.

24 points made 6 out of 7 threes and 6 blocks :eek:

Makes you wonder if the Rockets gave up too much by basically trading 2 first round draft picks for a one year rental of a crazy player.

Checks his numbers for yourself.

Link

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Well Rockets trade for Ron Artest is great. We got Ron Ron who proved to be a valuable piece to the organization, we traded away a young but talented player named Donte Green. Well in his first season he really hit that rookie wall, you never know when he was going to blossom.

So no regrets to Sac-Hou trade

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

When, in your opinion, did he hit the rookie wall? Preseason?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In retrospect, one could say that because we didn't make a deep playoff run last year, and none of the "stars" are here this season.

It does give me further confidence on our ability to draft well, however.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that and..

I personally discount small performance sample sizes especially when in at least one of the games (of the whopping three) the points were generated off unsustainable 3-point shooting percentages.

If he was driving to the hole and creating a bit more, I would find that more of a sign that he is getting it.

#5 studogg, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. Shaud

Shaud Member

6 blocks sticks out to me the most.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

We made the second round of the playoffs. I have no regrets.

8. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Nope, it was last year - all year long. He averaged 3.8 points in his first season with only 1.6 rebounds per game considering he's 6-11.

This year he has almost 10 ppg which is great for him and the Kings

9. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

i just added him on my fantasy team right before the knicks game! W000TTTTT!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He's already had better career than Adam Morrison doing the same role.

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Personally I regret the trade, getting to the second round was nice and all but look where we are now.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Who do you think will be a better player between Greene and Budinger?

Because realistically if we had kept Greene, then there's no way that we would've drafted Budinger too.

At THIS stage it looks like Budinger is a better player - but will Greene continue to shine?

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I'd rather have Greene than Budinger. Chase will be a great role player with a nice set of tools but Donte has the potential to be a star in this league.

I don't see how you side with Chase, he fits nicely in the Princeton offense but he's been streaky and statistics easily side with Greene.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good for Donte. His main problems are poor ball handling and defense/passing.
    He might become a good role player down the line,but I doubt if he can ever become a star.

15. matty101

matty101 Member

How can you come to this conclusion?? Donte has been in the League for over a season now and has had what..? maybe half a dozen good games on a BAD Kings team. Chase, although a small sample size, has looked good out on the court. His transition from college to the NBA was smooth, he shoots the ball pretty well, handles it ok and just makes smart decisions IMO. His defense isnt pedestrian either.

Donte Green is much more of a project. Budinger looks like a lock to have a career in the NBA as, at the very least, a good rotation player, with the potential to be a starting SG/SF.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Can you give us all the stats?

Because if you actually bother to look them up, you might change your tone.

I won't put them down here, you can look them up yourself before making crazy comments next time - suffice to say that they're playing Budinger's name at the moment.

Greene looks like the streakier one to me - but I guess we'll see in time?