1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dont you think houston deserves better???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farhan007, Jun 5, 2003.

1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Les and Cd are lazy asses in my opinion. They got too much ego. They hear on the news all the time " Houston is the best job for a coach now", and all of a sudden they think they are the best team. Then they assum that getting Larry Brown would be a peice of cake. So they just take their lazy ass time!!!! ego is this guys... When Les says the Rockets were the best team EVER assembled, knowing the fact that they have Moochie Norris, Eddie Griffen, Jason Collier on the best team ever, and missing the freakin post season for the last 4 freakin years!!! If anythin we need a new Rockets Prez and GM.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Do you know for sure that Brown was their number 1 choice?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just when thought ego described Larry Brown much better...

now I'm confused.

4. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

The way Detroit fired there coach and the way that Brown was hired so fast makes me think that Brown was going to Detroit all along. Houston, IMO, never had a chance with Brown.

5. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Exactly, so now that Brown is gone, we got our 2nd choice, JVG. What is wrong with that?

6. CrazyJoeDavola

We should just fire and trade everyone. Then we could all be happy. :D

7. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

Maybe they got who they wanted and we got sidetracked with the Larry Brown deal.
    I kinda thought that JVG was the first choice when Rudy stepped down.
    The Rockets released the news of Rudy stepping down the day after Cleveland was officially awarded the first pick in the draft, and at that time JVG was supposedly the man for Clevelands job. At the time I thought they wanted to get rid of Rudy to hurry up and get JVG in before he went to Cleveland.
    Kinda ironic timing. Just like the timing with Detroit firing their coach and hiring Brown.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think Les wanted JVG all along, even during the season. He got him, so what's the problem?

The jury is still out and actually hasn't even been picked yet so I, for one, am willing to withold judgement....until the All Star break that is.

9. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

Farhan with your lameduck reasons on why Carroll Dawson and Les Alexander suck, we all deserve a better poster on this board that would better illustrate why we should entertain not hiring Jeff Van Gundy. Just because YOU wanted Larry Brown, it doesnt mean that Larry Brown is a good fit. I'll take Carroll Dawson's and Les's basketball intellect over yours. Larry Brown is a basketball coaching nomad. Seven teams now, with six years being his longest tenure with any team. Jeff Van Gundy's tenure was six years with a Knick team that had not one, but two duphouses as GM's (Grunwald and Layden) that kept continuously getting smaller with a slower backcourt.

Just because you don't know anything about Jeff Van Gundy's basketball prowess Farhan, it's not a green-light to start besmirching him because of your ignorance. I see an obscene amount of bashing by so-called Rocket fans from here and it makes me sick to think that fans, like myself, are so fickle and quick to judge the very team that they root for. Are you really a Houston Rocket's fan? Or are you using OUR Houston Rocket's talking forum as a forum to vent?

Next time before you post some negativity, please at least educate yourself first on the topic ;) Thanks

Don't pay any notice to the negative Jeff Van Gundy talk folks. You'll see what a great job he will do here.

10. farhan007

farhan007 Member

well you have to admit our front office has ego. Saying we are the best team EVER assembled and then getting lottery balls 4 years in a row!!! Comon, 4 years in arow is something Clevland or Denver does. And you also have to admit CD made many dumb mistakes in salarys. Look at Cato's, Moochie's, and MoT.
    Well i dont get Millions of dollars for being a Prez or Gm for the Rockets!!! SO Les and Cd better be smarter than me in running a team, or other wize i deserve some money. I said they arnt good front office people compared to other NBA franchises. And dont tell me Van Gundy is a better coach than Larry Brown. When you can take a team like the Clippers to the playoffs you deserve something big like a hall of Fame nominee.

#10 farhan007, Jun 5, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2003