1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't you think Cynthia Cooper is doing a great job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jan 15, 2004.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

Good bye, Lisa Malosky! HELLO, COOP! Don't you guys agree that we should sign her to a multi-year deal with Channel 51? She's funny and gets along really well with the players. I also think that she is right about the Rockets need to "play as a team." If we do that, we can win it all!!!

2. Toast

Toast Member

Actually, I think she did alright in last night's broadcast vs. the Celtics. She said some good things about Yao and about our passing.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I hope you're not serious! I've never seen anyone be more of a screwup on TV.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Let's see.... your first post and you registered on Aug. 2002. And you want to cause a riot. Nice.

5. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

SECOND THAT.

How can you even be serious?

Cynthia Cooper is the WORST commentator/analyst I have ever seen.

She knows absolutely nothing about basketball, talks like someone from the streets, and has the grammar and articulation of an 8 year old.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Why do so many people care about Coop? Do you actually watch those boring-ass halftime reports? Wow, I always wanted to know about Mike Wilks' thimble collection, or what Jim Jackon's parents think about the Texas Department of Transportation. Those "reports" tell you about as much as looking at the score.

And no, I don't miss the scintillating Lisa Malosky, either. Cripes, 30 kids in the CF chatroom asking "Is Yao in the game?" every 20 seconds is more interesting than these people's analysis.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No. But I love Bill and Calvin. I never thought I'd say it while she was with the crew, but I miss Lisa. I don't care if Coop signs a multi-year deal with Channel 51... as long as Channel 51 doesn't broadcast the Rockets. In that case, she can stay there as long as she wants.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

I really like Jeff Haggadorn a lot. He's a pro, he's funny and he is truly a nice guy. But Coop...

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Walked right by her at the Toyota Center looking for a story or whatever and couldn't help but cringe when I thought of the finished product. I think she saw me cringe but I added a quick thumbs up for good measure.

10. Center

Center Contributing Member

I have to put my two cents in. I find her obnoxious. I can't watch her long enough to put my finger on what bothers me so much about her. I used to watch the half-time and post-game show on a regular basis. Now I'm off to another channel.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hehehe. Cooper doing a great job?! Has hell suddenly frozen over?!

Jeff explained it best. She is a trainwreck.

She seemed a bit smoother last night. I am just glad we don't have to listen to her for about a week. Thankgod we have Nationaly broadcasted games now.

12. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

She is horrible. Why does every ex-player go to broadcasting. She stinks. No personality at all boring.

13. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

She is the worst of all time, she just repeats what Jeff said. For example
    Jeff: "Coop, don't you think the Rockets need to pass more"
    Coop: "Yes, I the rockets need to pass more", and thats all she says.

14. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Burger flipping doesn't pay the bills..........and the educational requirement are about the same....unfortunately.

Seriously, I think Matt Bullard is licking his chops at the thought of having her job, but politics probably will keep him out of Coop's position. :rolleyes:

15. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

I don't get to see the Channel 51 broadcasts so I can't comment on the performance. But I would like to know...

Coop, why did you post under the user name "woodtee"?

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

She probably didnt know how to spell cynthia cooper. So she asked someone else and wa la

17. tenken

tenken Member

Cooper has no business being in front of a camera.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Jeff, I see you have changed your tune on Cooper. You vigorously defended her hiring earlier this season.

I TOLD YOU SO

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

BLAH BLAH

20. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

"CELEBRITY" SIGHTING ALERT!

Cynthia Cooper has just joined Clutch BBS.