1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't yall just love the Discovery channel!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Feb 6, 2001.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I like the Soap Opera Channel

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

That Crocodile Hunter dude is whack! Why would you want to mess with animals that are not bugging you? He'll find a snake and start messin' with it...like, dude, leave it alone!

Here's an article I found last month...
    Chalk one up for the animals!!

Thursday, Jan. 18, 2001

Croc Makes "Crocodile Hunter's" Leg A Snack

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - A television crocodile hunter nearly became a crocodile snack this week when a six-foot reptile
    sank its teeth into his leg.

Steve Irwin, whose ``Crocodile Hunter'' documentaries air in 130 countries, described the bite - which required 12 stitches - as
    an ``occupational hazard.''

A 13-year-old female salt water crocodile, named Toolakea, bit Irwin earlier this week as he tried to move her to another
    enclosure at his Australia Zoo, about 60 miles north of Brisbane.

``I threw a jaw rope over her, jumped on her and we were lifting her over the fence, and as I got her up to that point of no return,
    where I'm handing her over to the other crew, she just went ballistic,'' Irwin said Wednesday.

``She did a huge, big, full-bodied shake and as she came down she sensed my skin and just ... chomp - sunk her teeth into my
    leg and did a head shake which messed it up a little.''

A crew making a behind-the-scenes documentary about Australia Zoo filmed the attack. It was not immediately clear if the
    footage would appear in a ``Crocodile Hunter'' show.

Irwin, who is regularly seen getting bitten as he tangles with snakes, lizards, crocodiles and other animals on his show, said he did not blame the 176-pound crocodile.

``This poor little female was defending herself,'' he said.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure it was Steve. When he found out he wasn't poisoned, he put his hands up in the air and shouted, "Whoooo!" in typical Steve fashion. It wasn't a focus of the show or anything... in fact, it might have been the blooper/danger show that they aired way back during Croc. Hunter week, when they made an entire show of when Steve gets bit or hurt in one way or another. It might never have aired during a regular show.

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson