1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Write This Team Off Just Yet ;)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan611, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Gonna bookmark this and put it in my sig when we lose in 4-5.

2. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

So what if we aren't the same team as last year...isn't the goal to make the playoffs and see where that takes you?

So what if we are 41-41, would you of thought any differently if we won 50 games or 55 games...would that make you feel better about winning?

We would still need to eventually face the Warriors in the playoffs so why not take them down in the 1st round...let's shock the world!!

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I feel like we just got the Bill Murray character speech in "Stripes" near the end of the film before they have to report to their army graduation ceremony and aren't quite ready so they "improvise".

That's the spirit, hieuytran. Let's do this! ;)

"All we have to DO is dribble the ball and PUT the BALL in the BASKET! And, stop THEM from doing the SAME!"

"DO what I DO...SAY what I SAY...and make me PROUD!"

"FALL IN!"

#103 Surfguy, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Well it really can't get any worse , can it?
    I'll believe until we are eliminated !

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

1. yes but it can be argued not if you've played like the Rockets have been doing all year

2. i would say yes that would make a huge difference for many people. 41 an 55 are two completely different categories as far as top teams.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Rockets earned the negativity. You can't play like you'd rather be at the strip club all year long and still expect the fans to be 100% behind you when you barely squeak into the playoffs.

7. eslate22

eslate22 Member

As bad as this season turned out it is still a whole new season in the postseason... i could see a 6 or 7 game series easily happening... just very hard to pick against a team that just had a historic season

I still pick rockets in 6 :p

8. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Whatever makes you feel good. ;)

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread should be a sticky.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

Don't write this team off?
    At this point, I'm writing. . . .I'm writing.

I admire the enthusiasm, but we DID shock people.
    Many Rockets fans were shocked at the humiliation we suffered in game 1.

Look, we're all fans here. But sometimes you have to be a realist.
    A .500 mediocre team against a team with the NBA all time season record.
    No contest.

Anything less than a sweep will be considered a success

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I just wonder. And I am being serious. Do we have anything to hope for next year? I could be jaded right now, but damn. Just so much is broken.

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's common sense to expect the same team that's been terrible in the regular season. You talk about health, and they lost against a Curry-less team. The Rockets have none of the other things you listed.

13. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

It's amazing to come back and read this only 8 months later and see just how much a competent coach and CHEMISTRY can do for a team. All the ingredients were there last year for a magical season, but nobody turned on the stove. These 2016-2017 Rockets have shed the fat that was JB, Terry, T Jones, J-Smoove, and Dwight and replaced it with a legit NBA coach, a system with set plays and strategies, shooting depth, veterans with locker room presence and a WILL to win. I absolutely love Dwight and will never think less of him for leaving, but something about the egos in that squad from 2015-2016 really held us back.

#113 rocketsfan611, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    dragonwill and D-rock like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Something tells me Les yelled at Morey a lot during the offseason and told him his numbers weren't wrong. I'm sure it was something along the lines of, 'Goddammit, Daryl, you did the work, just follow the results!'

In > Gordon, Anderson, rookies that could play, MDmA

Out > Dwight and all the crap including Brewer's defeatist attitude (please note I do not mean Brewer himself, only his defeatist attitude he learned from Dwight)

rocketsfan611 likes this.