1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Write This Team Off Just Yet ;)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan611, Apr 14, 2016.

1. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

This.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

like this

3. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

CAN win? 4. That's easy. WILL win? 2 or 3. It will not be a sweep. ;)

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The Warriors faced a far greater task this season than did the Rockets because they were chasing history. The pressure of winning 73 games is inconceivable to me because every night they had to "bring it". This was a team that responded to the task with leadership, pride and determination - qualities that were sorely lacking in the 2015-2016 edition of the Rockets. Now, for the Rockets to go out and beat this team in this series would be the greatest upset EVER especially when you consider how they backed into the playoffs. It's admirable to want to believe in your team's chances and all but I've learned (especially with this organization) that one must always temper enthusiasm with a healthy dose of reality. I find myself better able to avoid disappointment that way.

5. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Yeah I may only have 70 posts but I'm on Clutchfans EVERY day. I'm an extreme die hard who you'd probably recognize from games if you saw me in person. I go to most road games in SA, Dal, OKC, and NO in addition to home games. Not exactly a "casual fan". ;)

6. StrawberryJamm

Jason Terry will get lots of minutes because of experience but is going to be a huge liability. GS will take advantage of the mismatch in whoever hes guarding (Curry will get free, Livingston will back him down and sink midrange shots, Barbosa will blow by him, over and over again. I'm actually more worried about him costing us games than Brewer. He is completely unplayable in this series but JB won't see it.

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

The less we let terry and Brewer plays, the more chance we have

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Great post!

I would love to relive a great comeback story once again.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Likewise. The 3% odds or whatever people are giving us is an overestimate. This is not the same Rockets team as last year, a team I believed in and got behind 100% despite the flaws.

This is a broken down, directionless Rockets team with a bad rookie coach, a disinterested Dwight, and zero chemistry.

I'll be watching every game and rooting for them blindly as usual but I've already built in low expectations to avoid the usual heartbreak of being a Rockets fan.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Coming in under the radar, hell yeah! I think these guys are going to be tired and partied out to a certain extent. Winning 73 should take a toll at some point. Let's just hope that it takes it's toll in the first round of the playoffs and we look 10 times fresher.

We're coming in with a better PF, better PG, and better coach. Time to shock the world!!!!

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said this a couple weeks ago and all the doubters just wanted us to lose out for a draft pick. The upside is we now have Beasley. Downside.........coaching is worse and hacking targets are still there.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You want to grab dinner and talk about this? I see a connection.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you said a couple of weeks ago the rockets would definitely grab the 6th seed yet they barely squeaked in at 8.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. There are a ton of weaklings posting around here.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Last year is last year. As in, last year, GSW was good. This year, they're damn near unstoppable.

Last year, SA was good. This year, they're great.

Last year, OKC didn't have Durant. This year, both Durant and WB look like world-beaters.

Point is, you can't extrapolate what happened last year, thinking something will reflect that, this year. SA isn't thinking about the loss in the first round to the Clips. Clips aren't thinking about the collapse to the Rockets.

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Here We Go. . . .

[​IMG]

17. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Not talking about the Spurs...not yet at least. Bottom line is that the rosters are the same except the Rockets have a few additional weapons. Houston may lose but it will be in 6 or 7.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"All rocketsfan611 is saying is...don't write this team off just yet!"

"Don't write this team off just yet!"

It makes for a nice song. I'll write some guitar parts for it. Maybe I'll go heavy with it...like metal.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Last year we played defense *end scene*

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

and bottom line the roster for GS is the same except they all got significantly better even after winning a championship