1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't worry about the cap this offseason!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Apr 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. FEAR THE BEARD

Just recently on Twitter, Daryl said that the Rockets will most likely be operating above the cap this offseason. Just thought I would post this so people wouldn't keep trying to fit player signings within our cap.

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/589086192701845504

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

lol so now any outrageous trade or FA proposal is a go! Clutchfans is going to have a field day littering the boards with possibilities and the capologists will be futile in their efforts for calm and sanity!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Gives me more hope they intend to keep Corey around.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll be very disappointed if we can't. I'm also hoping that Smith will accept a heck of a lot less than his value to stay with the Rocks, since he seems to be very happy here, and Detroit is paying him a boat load of money anyway. And I'll add this - I wouldn't mind hanging on to our resident Argentine, if we have room for him on the roster. Considering where we would be without him, the guy's been a godsend. Remarkable, really, considering that he's about 120 years old. Could have fooled me! ;-)-

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Morey knows that when you have an MVP level player window, it can slam shut very fast.

They're going to go all in this offseason - Upgrades at PG, backup C, keep the guys we have to the extent possible.