1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't play Jeremy Lin until this series is over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Polskaballer, Apr 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jason330i

jason330i Member

how about he plays if the rockets are down.

and he sits if the rockets are tied or have a lead.

:grin:

2. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

I totally agree. Look at the way the rockets played in overtime, how they clapped on portland and just blew them out and won game 4, while lin's ass was glued to the bench the whole time. Man i'm telling you, these LOF, they are completely delusional.

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Well...

He's gonna play whether you like it or not.

Here's to him having a good game or the wolves will come running.

4. izeroi

izeroi Member

Play him in the first 3 qtrs and sit him the 4th lol

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, I know LOL. Lin sux!!! He should back to--

Hey, wait a minute... It's almost as if you're being sarcastic...

6. Allegro

Allegro Member

A lynch mob is an organism of pure emotion with 1000 feet and no brains.

Lots of teams will want Lin this summer, because GMs tend to have some brains.

7. Allegro

Allegro Member

Melo got nervous too, and pushed Lin off the Knicks. Fast forward to this year, and we see that the Lin-less Knicks have crashed. The agony that Melo has suffered this year is a perfect illustration of the dictum that you should be careful what you ask for, because you could get it.

So go ahead and ask for Lin to be dumped.

8. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

So how about Bev's TO at the end? Bev could have dished out the ball to an open shooter as he was doubled by 2 guards. How is that not a mistake when the game is on the line? How about Harden missing all those low % ISO when the game is on the line? Is OT the time when the game is on the line? If so, how come you ignore Lin's OT performances in game 1 or when he dived for the ball in game 3 to assist Daniels with the winning shot? Did the other players make that much contribution in OT or were they mistake free? All players can make mistakes, especially during playoff games when the opponent's defense is strongest. Lin's TO is unfortunate but he was tackled from behind by a guy who really stepped out of bound, another blown call by the biased refs. Why can't you let it go? Mistakes were made all game by us including the coach. Why should Lin be responsible alone for the loss?

9. Allegro

Allegro Member

Lin's benching in Game 4 Overtime is probably why the Rockets lost. As I have shown, the biggest positive swings in the series have come when Lin was on the floor. The Blazers were probably delighted to see Lin sitting on the bench.

The Grizzlies have a good coach -- or at least a coach who's much better than McFail.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LoF's out in full! Can't wait until we dump Lin and these turd flies leave.

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

I can make a much, much longer list for Harden. We are in a 1-3 hole mostly due to his choking away Games 1 and 2.

Furthermore, Harden nearly lost Game 3 for us when he stupidly dribbled into traffic in OT and lost the ball. We survived because -- and ONLY because -- Lin was alert enough to make the save.

To paraphrase your remark, "One simply cannot trust [Harden's] ability to make the correct decision in very basic situations when under pressure."

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You are likely only a smart LOF on this board. It is not a big deal if Lin played well or not in the game, it is a big deal because that play costs the game, likely this series. Having said that, I do not see this team can go further more from the beginning. Under that coach and the team leaders of the players, this team is playing the stupid basketball whole year long, this team does not deserve to win something big.

13. Allegro

Allegro Member

Lin's TS% of .572 ranks him in the top 10 of all point guards. (For comparison, Kyrie Irving's TS% is .533 this year and John Wall's was .524.) It's hard to find a better option than a top-10 point guard.

Just like Lin should have been yanked in the final minutes of Game 3 Overtime, so that Harden's final turnover could lose it for us?

14. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Really? If the coach didn't tell him to signal time out, you think he would dare to call time out by himself as the bench player? Remember in an earlier game when we were down 3, McHale told him to foul intentionally to stop Portland from running a long possession. Why didn't McHale call the time out by himself? Instead you expect a bench player with last minute sub in to call the time out in that critical time? Blame McHale the coach.

15. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

just stop with the timeout stuff. Lin should know better. I dont think he is the reason they lost and you can blame mchale for most the team's mental errors but to say mchale should have called timeout is crazy. Do you want him to spoon feed him dinner too?

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

In fact Lin did the right thing given the situation. When your coach didn't call time out, and you are surrounded by a few Blazers, given Lin's speed of bringing up the ball, he did what he had been doing all the time - dribble up court at full speed to get out of the danger zone. But it didn't turn out this way because of blown call, and because even after Portland shot and missed, the ball bounced to them as our bigs missed the rebound. In comparison, Bev was the bone with the bone-headed TO at the end. He was guarded by 2 guards, so his starter basketball IQ should tell him one of our guards would be open for a 3. Yet he decided to try to beat two guys and used up more time. If he had just dished out the ball, we would have a chance to tie the game with Daniels so hot in shooting 3s.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Moron, have you ever played a tight playoff game yourself in HS or Univ.? when things happened really fast. Lin was in the heat of action and had very little time to react. He saw a few Blazers around and he tried to dribble out of the danger zone (being too close to our basket). McHale was the coach with his butt sitting comfortably and he had much more time to think and act. He is the manager of the game as a coach. He should have instantly signaled a time out to the refs.

18. Fighton

Fighton Member

c'mon, dude. just stop. lin owned up to it. that's it. he knew he should've held the ball and called a timeout. and that's why we went into OT, just like mike conley's costly turnover last night resulted in the game going into OT.

he wouldn't have owned up to it if he didn't think it was a mistake. people were calling his fast break layup in game 3 a mistake but he said it himself - right handed open layup. he would take that shot 10 times out of 10, and he doesn't care what other people say. and i'm glad he thinks that way.

and i'm glad he's owning up to this mistake, because it clearly was a mistake. maybe this will teach him to not always go at 100mph, but choose when to slow down and when to go full speed.

19. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

hah, i am a moron because i think its easier to put your hands together to call a timeout then to run around dribbling around multiple defenders. Luckily for me, you played in that high intensity rec league to show me what's what.

20. jeffjwang

jeffjwang Member

Lin was the reason we won the last game against Blazers in the regular season back in March. He made the critical contributions in the OT of that game. Lin was also the most productive Rockets player in the OT time of previous two games in this playoff series. Benched him in the OT of Game 4 because he missed calling a timeout is the most stupid thing Mcfail has done, the result could be different if Lin had played OT of that game.