1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't play Jeremy Lin until this series is over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Polskaballer, Apr 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. michaelshl

michaelshl Member

I am still not getting over this when Lin was sent onto the court the last minutes, and then got a strong uneasy feeling and started to scream around that (actually only my wife was there) we gonna loose again.

Rockets have to learn. A same mistake over and over again would really killing me

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsmetalspd

Lin will be playing no matter what happens. I just wish the team would've kept AB, that trade in the end turned out to be very bad. AB would've help out the team and Lin would've benefit by having AB around. The Rockets should try given Canaan some of Lin's minutes in the next game but McHale will not do that. McHale needs to give the rest of bench some minutes but he so damn stubborn that he will not.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This organization needs to realize Lin should never wear a Rockets uniform. He is done for this series and any probably for the rest of his career. I have said this before letting Lin go wad not a mistake. Resigning him was.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys are full of it. My count shows:

Lin: 3.5 good games in 4

Harden: .5 in 4

Please pay more attention to the game and not your feelings toward Lin.
    Truthfully i feel more comfortable with Lin out there than i do with Harden. Because i know Lin is going to be Lin and not be the one we are looking to have a monster game or even be expected to close.
    I have no idea what to expect from evil playoff Harden.

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Repped the OP

6. ChippedToothLin

McHale just shouldn't put him in the last minute when he's been bad all game. You benched him for a reason!!!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would much rather Lin play the way he did in Game 4(other than the TO)for the rest of the series. His defense on Matthews was like the stuff of dreams.
    Of course that kind of stuff would be hard to see if you were already bent on blaming Lin beforehand.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

One person has a private racist conversation and the board crucifies him.
    Another has a public racist post and the board ignores it.

smh at you feeling justified in posting that gif.
    smh at the hypocrisy of people ignoring it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fighton

Fighton Member

Hahah. Nicely done!

10. naesoon

naesoon Member

Even if Lin didn't play, the team would STILL have problems closing out games. Lin is not the main problem. He doesn't even play the majority of the minutes or handle the ball most of the time. Bashing Lin causes us to ignore the coaching issues and lack of defensive effort from certain players (eh humm). If we could fix those problems, Lin's unfortunate mistake wouldn't be such a big deal and the team wouldn't be falling behind all of the time.

Look at this clip of Coach Doc energetically running on to the court to call TO? Where the heck was McHale? McHale will need Lin in the game to use as his whipping boy incase they lose again.

11. naesoon

naesoon Member

12. JBar

JBar Rookie

If someone posted a GIF that said "Poster is a N-word," everyone would be up in arms and comparing him to Sterling. But having a GIF saying "Poster is a F-word" is apparently no big deal. The hypocrisy and homophobia on this site is off the charts.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

please rep this man for me since i can't

1 person likes this.
  14. wise_man

wise_man Member

6 points in game 4 and costly turnovers that cost us da game......I say bench him. At least cannan can shoot.....maybe the vipers will save our butt.

15. passdarock

passdarock Member

Player development opportunity

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

By that logic we should bench the whole team

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

SMH at people who are offended by a post and DID NOT REPORT IT and then have the temerity to be insulting to the mods about it not being removed.
    :rolleyes:

Now, at least you reported it, but only because you are still butthurt over being punished for your own failings.

We dont live here guys, and try as we might we don't read every comment posted here.....REPORT THE DAMN THINGS if you are offended by them instead of quoting and responding to them which just keeps the offensive comment fresh in the thread.

If you refuse to do that much to help out, then quit whining about how crappy this place is.

18. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Lin is the weakest link. Dude can barely dribble the ball.

19. JMG524

JMG524 Member

This forum is getting ridiculous. Lin did not single handedly lose the game for us, and except for game 4, has had a decent series so far. There were bad plays down the stretch from every member of the team. Beverly loses the ball on the last play trying to be the hero. Parsons takes a bad contested fadeaway 3 in the closing seconds of the game. Lin should not be the sole whipping boy taking all the blame for the poor play of the team in crunch time.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

Without Lin, Rockets get blown out in game 1 and lose game 3.