1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice, Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TimmyTurnup, Jan 9, 2015.

?

DMO, T-Jones, or J Smoove?

1. Donatas Motiejunas

110 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. Terrence Jones

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Josh Smith

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was the centerpiece of the deal.

2. TimmyTurnup

TimmyTurnup Member

Yeah, my mistake. I just looked up the trade and what we had. I wasn't following the Rockets as much as I am now.

3. TimmyTurnup

TimmyTurnup Member

It just depends on what improves faster. Jones' physical or Smith's mental health :grin:

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'd be stunned if T-Jones didn't get some minutes. But that's gonna be tough for McHale to juggle. I imagine Papa and Dorsey will never see the court again other than in garbage time. I'm assuming D-Mo will remain the starter. After what happened last time McHale changed the lineup(a 1-3 record with Smith in there), I don't think you mess with a good thing twice.

5. TimmyTurnup

TimmyTurnup Member

I thought Papa primarily played the 3? No way we let Smith even get a glimpse at the 3 position.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I trading Jones leads to a a player of Hardens level I am all for making the same mistake twice.

That being said I agree with the general notion of this thread. Both D-Mo and Jones are good young players, and I would hate to loose both (however trading I have no problems with trading Jones for Dragic).

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Papa has played minutes at both the 3 and 4. Some of that was due to injuries of course. But when I said he wouldn't see any playing time after Jones' return, I was referring to Jones and Smith taking up all the backup minutes at the 4 while Brewer has already supplanted him as the backup 3. No way does Smith play at the 3. McHale is screwy with the rotations sometimes, but he ain't THAT screwy.

8. omgTHEpotential

What about this:

[​IMG]

9. CertifiedTroll

Yeah I would do it! Would rather send TJ, but DMo is probably worth more.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

I remember these threads last year, "TJONES MAKES IS WHERE THIS TEAM DOESNT NEED A PF" morey on 790 "tjones has been a surprise solved everything we needed at the PF so we don't need to upgrade like we thought during the summer.
    now everyone is down on t-jones after playoffs and dmo didn't even touch the floor.

both are great however if we face PORTLAND LMA will bully DMO for every rebound that guy can get his hand on, and DMO needs to bring a fadeaway to his game HE IS NOT SHAQ teams will figure it out. Even dream had the post fadeaway plenty of moves so does both gasols, horford, big AL, bosh, millsapp etc but hey ride it out guys

but here we are again in 2015.........

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

plz do not trade dmo or tjones

and if we do trade tjones for gogi, we can not include the pels pick... we can use that pels pick on karl anthony towns or myles turner

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

DMo honestly reminds me of Yao.. from how he was super skinny and would get knocked down early in his career to now being strong and holding his own in the post... his post shots usually go in a 70% clip, and if he misses he is starting to get the benefit of the foul call( needs to tighten up that free-throw shooting though)

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

The difference is guards are much easier to get than talented bigs and I believe Morey is not letting Dmo go

14. hakeemthagreat

Don't get me wrong, D-Mo's been ballin lately. But you guys get WAY too attached to certain player, especially if they're foreign lol. I don't feel great about matching up with a team like Portland in the playoffs w/ D-Mo guarding LMA.

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I should add undersized PF come and go because the older Tjones gets the less productive he'll be whereas DMO skill set is built for 12+ years

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If we kept Gogi, we wouldn't Dwert.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I can envision DMo and TJones playing together as the Rockets frontcourt after Howard retires.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

People already discounting TJones

At least wait until he gets back. Jones was a better player than DMO when he was on the court

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

And who's the center??

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

He got the opportunity that Dmo wasn't granted and fit the style of play that Mchale wanted. However Mchale was so clueless that he didn't realize Tjones and Dmo have different set of strengths and he misused Dmo terribly to where it look like he didn't know how to play.