1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't let media break this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chinese, Mar 7, 2003.

1. chinese

chinese Member

We are keeping hearing the criticism on SF and Cat on not passing the balls. We heard to much about how good Yao can
    be and he should be the leader of the team.
    Let me say what I feel, don't listen to them, they are all fake, since media needs tension.

No, Rox doesn't need these hype, although there are some trues
    in their words, don't let them distract your judgement.

Cat and SF would pass the balls to Ming, but if they are asked
    again and again and blamed for not doing so by the media,
    I think contradictive feeling will grow. They are young and they
    are full of hearts.

Ming is a rookie of this league, no matter how good he is now and how good he can be, he needs Cat and SF 's help very much.
    SF bring Ming to this team, Ming owes this team a lot. He has alot to learn from veterans.
    In China, man says, Ship can ferry you, can it capsize, means
    <b>"someone who lays praise on you, someday they may also
    be agaisnt you"</b> Yao is a big kid, don't make him feel what
    he is not right now since all these praises. It is very important
    his parents are with him and tell him what is right and wrong.

This team needs cooperation. Our fans shouldn't put oil into fire
    to megnify the disaccord between players.

We still have chance for playoff with this roster. Go SF, Go Cat,
    Go Yao.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

good post, chinese. Nice to see the Chinese fan voice balanced by one who registered 4 yrs ago.

What I like to remind people is that when real disgruntledness occurs, it is more apparent than "reading between the lines." For instance, at LA and NY, Glen Rice made no bones about him wanting more bones. Look at Jason Williams getting benched for his Monday comments. Let's all count our blessing that Francis is not falling on his face like Jason Williams, who cannot handle the pressure of divine rights to a starting spot with Crawford at his heels. Even Rudy makes obvious changes in terms of PT, when on the surface there might not be an apparent problem.

What I also find is truth in sports is that calling for the head of the coach, or player, just as often causes dissension in the lockerroom as players realize they have a convenient scapegoat/excuse for not making the playoffs. PJ Carlesimo replacing Rick Adelman at Golden State, merely to implode the team as a disciplinarian while Adelman goes off to grand things at Sacramento is the greatest of examples.

bottomline: a fan groundswell of dissension is often a loud minority being overplayed by the media, and does more harm than good.

#2 heypartner, Mar 7, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2003