1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Honk at Me Bro [Public Service Announcement]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Great so I'm doing 70, you are doing 35, you don't see me I have a second to deal with you in my lane because you are too lazy to move your finger. Literally r****ded reasoning.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You were in the left lane of a three lane road going 35 MPH? Where is this road that has three lanes and a speed limit of 35 MPH?

Sajan likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It was an aggressive 35 mph tho. Guy sounds low energy. For him, getting things done is hard.

arkoe likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol at OP digging the hole deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper :rolleyes:

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Still a snowflake LOL

moestavern19 likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Yall are tripping. There's plenty of 3 lane roads with 35mph speed limits including this one (Bay Area Boulevard). Yall just seem desperate to argue.

7. theimpossibles1

No I keep making perfectly sensible replies and yall keep creating imaginary situations. It's kinda cute.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

i am ROFL.
    my goodness.

Jayzers_100 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

OP must also be that guy who revs up and rushes to close the gap in traffic..then brake.
    repeat...then change lanes...change lane back..repeat..

instead of driving at a steady speed.

10. theimpossibles1

Must be...:rolleyes:

Never seen so many assinine assumptions in one thread. Keep em coming, yall entertain me.

11. bobrek

So, you were going the speed limit in the left lane and apparently so was the guy next to you. You sped up so you could get in front of him for some unknown reason since no one was on your tail. You neglected to signal. I assume you slowed back down to 35 MPH since you were going that speed in the left lane. Since you neglected to signal and changed lanes in front of another car going the same speed as you, I would have honked as well. Use your signals.

12. theimpossibles1

Nope. Was stopped at intersection, sped up faster than the other two lanes, merged to middle. Keep trying.

13. bobrek

But...you said this:

I appreciate your concern. But this was at 35mph, and I wasn't dead stopped (as you assume in your example) but rather adding separation.

14. theimpossibles1

I was quoting another poster's example who said "50 feet at 70mph is closed in 0.5sec," which may be the case if I was at a dead stop on the highway or something, but in my situation, by the time I was 50 feet ahead both I and the cars behind me were moving. I understand why you thought that though.

15. bobrek

But you also said this:

I was well ahead of the cars behind me and moving faster than them

Sure would have been clearer if you said:

I was stopped at a stop light in the left lane of a 3 lane road. Light changed to green. I accelerated quickly to get out of the left lane and into the middle lane. The guy to my right (who I changed lanes in front of), honked at me, possibly due to me not using my turn signal.

16. theimpossibles1

I suppose so.

17. Buck Turgidson

I just hope that @theimpossibles1 stays the **** off of my lawn. Or actually out of my 5-county-area.

moestavern19 likes this.
  18. bobrek

When it's broken down like that, most everyone would have said, "yep, I understand why the guy honked...speeding up out of a red light and changing lanes without signaling would tend to cause someone to honk".

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

5 pages, when all we really wanted to say was: Use your indicator, please.

bobrek likes this.
  20. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Those are the idiots who has zero clues about traffic laws. Green does not mean for you to take off like a bat out of hell, green only means proceed with caution. A GREEN light means "GO", but you must allow any vehicles remaining in the intersection to go through before you may move ahead. In other words, go when it's safe to go. A green light is not a guarantee of safety. Look before you go.